• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 24
    1. Top | #1
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Please help me choose between Long 5 and Vicaria blades

      Actually, I've been playing since 6 years but due to low opportunities, insufficient and improper training I could never reach to that level which I always wanted to achieve. But I'm still into it and I'm trying.
      Basically, I like both MA LONG and ZHANG JIKE'S gameplay but I like to hit hard, fast and spinny loops. I just want to be a looping machine, hitting from both backhand and forehand. Naturally I love playing short game and somehow I'm quite good at it like - drops, flicks, etc.
      I've been playing with Timo Boll ZLC since last 4 years but I don't like it much for now because I want a faster and dominant playing style. So, I decided to buy either Hurricane Long 5 or Butterfly Viscaria FL. I just don't prefer playing with a Chinese rubber because I've never used one and I also don't have good training opportunities here which could help me to adapt to it. Please suggest which blade should I go for and also if I should try playing with Chinese rubber or not. Else I've used Tenergy series, Evolution MX-P, Rakza 7, Rasanter R47, Omega 5 asia, etc, coz I've always liked and preferred for hard rubbers on forehand because I have good spin naturally and all I need is speed but obviously a good spinny rubber maybe can say one of those professional rubbers like Dignics 05, Tenergy-80, MX-P 50° Pro version, Rasanter R47, Omega 5 Asia or Omera 7 Tour or suggest me any other if better for forehand, rest I've chosen Rakza 7 for my backhand. Also tell me that which is better for backhand, Rakza 7 or Yasaka Valmo?
      I just want a dominant game like Ma Long
      Last edited by Aayush Grover; 05-19-2019 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

    2. Top | #2
      Lula is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      1,128
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 942 Times in 511 Posts
      I use TB zlc and i think it is more suited for those who want to play closer to the table with hard somewhat flat loops. I think another blade Will suit looping more.

      You Do not want to fast blade because you proably Will lose arc and the ball Will leave the racket to fast.

      If you have liked the zlc a bit Maybe you can try Timo boll alc or Timo boll spirit which is basically the same?

      I think you Will get more arc with this blade and it is more bouncy which Will suit looping better. But i think Maybe you Will have more trouble in the short game with the alc.

    3. Top | #3
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
      I use TB zlc and i think it is more suited for those who want to play closer to the table with hard somewhat flat loops. I think another blade Will suit looping more.

      You Do not want to fast blade because you proably Will lose arc and the ball Will leave the racket to fast.

      If you have liked the zlc a bit Maybe you can try Timo boll alc or Timo boll spirit which is basically the same?

      I think you Will get more arc with this blade and it is more bouncy which Will suit looping better. But i think Maybe you Will have more trouble in the short game with the alc.
      Hey! Thanks for your concern and your suggestion. But what I think is that Timo Boll series is somewhat which resembles Timo Boll's style but I wang to opt the one of Ma Long or Zhang Jike, spinny and fast looping style - aggressive/attacking, just purely dominant.

    4. Top | #4
      Lula is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      1,128
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 942 Times in 511 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Aayush Grover View Post
      Hey! Thanks for your concern and your suggestion. But what I think is that Timo Boll series is somewhat which resembles Timo Boll's style but I wang to opt the one of Ma Long or Zhang Jike, spinny and fast looping style - aggressive/attacking, just purely dominant.
      I think Timo boll plays that way too?

      I think spinny looping style is a contrast to fast aggressive attacking.

      Like i Said i think a harder stiffer blade works better for fast aggressive attacking ans a little softer blade works better for spinny looping. Hard to get one which is good for everything.

      I also think Maybe you focus on the blade to much. You proably can play the way you describe with all of the blades, zlc, alc, viscaria and ma long. They are all good. Nothing magical Will happen. More about hard practice.

      But i would try TB alc, spirit or viscaria. I think all of them is good for looping. Do not know much about ma long.

      Once again. You can not play the way you want without very good short game. So the blade can not be to fast and bouncy. If you can not get good returns you Will never be able to play the way you describe.

    5. Top | #5
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
      I think Timo boll plays that way too?

      I think spinny looping style is a contrast to fast aggressive attacking.

      Like i Said i think a harder stiffer blade works better for fast aggressive attacking ans a little softer blade works better for spinny looping. Hard to get one which is good for everything.

      I also think Maybe you focus on the blade to much. You proably can play the way you describe with all of the blades, zlc, alc, viscaria and ma long. They are all good. Nothing magical Will happen. More about hard practice.

      But i would try TB alc, spirit or viscaria. I think all of them is good for looping. Do not know much about ma long.

      Once again. You can not play the way you want without very good short game. So the blade can not be to fast and bouncy. If you can not get good returns you Will never be able to play the way you describe.
      Okay, I understand dude. Thanks a lot!
      I like Viscaria over all other blades and maybe something makes Viscaria the most famous blade amongst professional players. But I still want a good comparison and advice for me to choose between Viscaria and Long 5 according to my needs & my playing style. Coz, it's not easy and economical at all to buy and try such blades again and again.
      Last edited by Aayush Grover; 05-19-2019 at 08:12 AM.

    6. Top | #6
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      467
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 99 Times in 83 Posts
      Nittaku adelie

    7. Top | #7
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      467
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 99 Times in 83 Posts
      Fang bo alc

    8. Top | #8
      burhanayan is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Turkey
      burhanayan's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-P
      Backhand Rubber Friendship/729 Battle II

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Location
      Munich
      Posts
      45
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
      I think the problem is that there is big level gap between you and Ma Long. That makes the speed difference.

      I feel the same when I watch lots of pro matches and trying to replicate the speed in trainings and want to hear that crack sound. But this makes my consistency very bad and I start to blame equipments. I think you are not dominant in games, because you trained not hard enough, or it is not your style.

      You are using your equipment quite long time. That equipment change will make maybe minor changes on your game. Being good in table tennis takes very long time when you don't have great coach and friends with training mindset.

      Sent from Tapatalk

    9. The Following User Likes burhanayan's Post:

      Tuppe (05-20-2019)

    10. Top | #9
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by burhanayan View Post
      I think the problem is that there is big level gap between you and Ma Long. That makes the speed difference.

      I feel the same when I watch lots of pro matches and trying to replicate the speed in trainings and want to hear that crack sound. But this makes my consistency very bad and I start to blame equipments. I think you are not dominant in games, because you trained not hard enough, or it is not your style.

      You are using your equipment quite long time. That equipment change will make maybe minor changes on your game. Being good in table tennis takes very long time when you don't have great coach and friends with training mindset.

      Sent from Tapatalk
      Ya, you're absolutely right. Very well said, I totally agree that there's lack of training. But choosing the right and suitable equipment can help us improve faster and better. So, that is why I'm seeking for a new equipment because the old ones are in a need to get replaced due to the wear and tear. I've been using the blade since last 4 years, so I've decided to change it.

    11. Top | #10
      laistrogian is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Australia

      Equipment:
      Blade Innerforce ALC
      Forehand Rubber Fastarc C1
      Backhand Rubber Fastarc G1

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      628
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 381 Times in 233 Posts
      Not sure if this is a troll post or what

      Use what you like the most. If you use it long enough you'll adapt to it no matter how slow or fast it is.

    12. The Following User Likes laistrogian's Post:

      whocarez (05-19-2019)

    13. Top | #11
      Brookerbig is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Myanmar

      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Martin CRW UFS
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Yinhe Moon Speed

      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Yangon
      Posts
      67
      Reviews
      Read 4 Reviews
      Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
      Long 5 is a little faster than Viscaria. Both are good looping blades.

    14. Top | #12
      Malcbarber is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: UK
      Malcbarber's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05

      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Seaford
      Posts
      36
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 27 Times in 10 Posts
      I use a tibhar Paul Drinkhall power spin carbon which I think is a really nice blade. It is basically the same as a Timo Bill Spirit.
      my brother has a ma long 5 and a viscaria, they are very similar but I think the viscaria is a much better made blade. The other difference is the handles, the long 5 is very thin and viscaria is thicker but a little shorter.

    15. Top | #13
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel AX; Stiga Nostalgia All+
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Sigma II Pro; Stiga Mantra H

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,150
      Reviews
      Read 75 Reviews
      Liked 1,533 Times in 966 Posts
      I think Viscaria has more stiffness than ML5.

    16. Top | #14
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      I think Viscaria has more stiffness than ML5.
      And what about other traits? Any other differences? I've tried playing with Viscaria. I liked it, was better than Timo Boll ZLC for me. Maybe it was the best for me till now, but I have doubts for Long 5, that what if it's much better than Viscaria.
      Can you explain the differences in detail and suggest?

    17. Top | #15
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel AX; Stiga Nostalgia All+
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Sigma II Pro; Stiga Mantra H

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,150
      Reviews
      Read 75 Reviews
      Liked 1,533 Times in 966 Posts
      Well, Ma long 5 has an inner composite material so it feels more woody and softer. The koto outer for Viscaria makes it feel harder.

    18. Top | #16
      vik2000 is offline
      says Spin for life
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Long 5
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 01 Limber

      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Posts
      269
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 151 Times in 91 Posts
      Get Long 5. He's the GOAT and having that blade will without a doubt improve your game greatly. Be careful though, once his ranking drops, your play might be impacted.

    19. The Following User Likes vik2000's Post:

      RidTheKid (05-20-2019)

    20. Top | #17
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,547
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,066 Times in 586 Posts
      It really is a self-playing blade, just don't forget every now and then to change batteries.

      Quote Originally Posted by vik2000 View Post
      Get Long 5. He's the GOAT and having that blade will without a doubt improve your game greatly. Be careful though, once his ranking drops, your play might be impacted.

    21. Top | #18
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid View Post
      It really is a self-playing blade, just don't forget every now and then to change batteries.
      Please explain

    22. Top | #19
      The_TT_Bat_Guy is offline
      says UKCC Level 1 Coach
       
      TTD Member Country: Malaysia

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Arctic Wood
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Location
      London
      Posts
      17
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Aayush Grover View Post
      Please explain
      He's kidding about how good the blade is. So good that you don't even have to play it.

    23. Top | #20
      vik2000 is offline
      says Spin for life
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane Long 5
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Victas V > 01 Limber

      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Posts
      269
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 151 Times in 91 Posts
      The bottomline is, I'm not sure why you are so fixated on those two blades. I can literally think of at least 10 blades just off top of my head that will work for your style, at probably 1/2 the costs.

    24. The Following User Likes vik2000's Post:

      RidTheKid (05-21-2019)

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP