Finger area

The ITTF rules allow for a different rubber / material / no rubber to be used in the area where you normally keep your finger. I'm wondering if anyone is doing it? I can see this having the potential to reduce weight on heavy blade / rubbers combos.

Also that's normally where the ITTF logo is placed, so how can you prove the rubbers are legal if that part is missing?

Last edited:
There is a gap allowed between the handle and the bottom part of the rubber but this is more on the pen holder's grip.
"The covering material shall extend up to but not beyond the limits of the
blade, except that the part nearest the handle and gripped by the fingers may
be left uncovered or covered with any material."
f547537abf8ff3c9740c253169c052d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Seems like you don't understand that rule.
You don't cut off the part where the ITTF logo is placed (if you did that your rubber would not be approved anymore).

It could look like this instead:

View attachment 19151
That would reduce the playing area by 1/3.

If you hit there i think you need to practice more :)
Wise guy, the area with the logos is also unusable in case you don't realize it. If you tell me you've never hit a ball where that area is in the picture, you're full of it [emoji6]

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Are you just trying to re-thing the rules of game plaid and understood by millions or you are just trolling this forum Julian??? This rule is exactly for penholders and implementation is exactly as the third post shows you. If you find it strange then a) you don't need to play penhold or b) you can play it but with fingers on the rubber which goes down to the handle. Both will be fine with the rules as well as bat shown there. What is this argument about?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Wise guy, the area with the logos is also unusable in case you don't realize it. If you tell me you've never hit a ball where that area is in the picture, you're full of it [emoji6]

Actually forget the logo and just thought about the part without rubber. And i was mostly joking, but there is some truth in it. If you train alot it is easier to move well and hit the same stroke all the time so you hit more of the same spot all the time.

How heavy is your racket since you want it ligther? Be aware that this solution proably makes the racket more headheavy.