Butterfly Dignics 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
The utubez sub it, Archyan, and the flight of the ball in the vid is not very lingual. Works for me, speaking barely a word of Polish (even though TheGugls seem to think we're playing with mushroom-cladded tackle).

Ahah Der Echte has set up residency in the Netherlands and is causing further havoc.

Some Poles are fed up with being told what to do, how and when, and resort to fear and anger. The others carry the torch and extend their gestures of good will to the rest of the world. They are promptly told what to do, how and when.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
So I've now watched this video a few times, and find it interesting. I've seen both Maciej and Mateusz play more than once by now, using different equipment. They are solid, high-level players with a distinctive personal style, Maciej's being a bit more excentric (from my frame of reference, that is), than Mateusz; I believe the defensive styles have survived and even thrived better where they play.

Never before did the contrast between the high praise in the interview section and the actual play strike me so much.

In words: high control, easy to chop(!), amazing block, excellent flight path/curve.

As shown: large numbers of unforced errors, in an extraordinary measure compared to their usual performance.

To me, this suggests that the narrative of highly expensive, exclusive gear intrinsically having near-magical properties is forceful enough to mess with self-reflective abilities, even those of high-level players. It's even stronger in this review than when Dan and Tom reviewed the Rasanters, heaping praise onto it alongside a video of them hitting mostly duds and unforced errors far below their usual level.

Which makes it a great review. A revealing review.

It happens to me too. I can hit with some stuff that makes me feel I'm in absolute control. Everything feels in-place, and at times I'm hitting the ball sooooo confidently — and when I see back footage, I notice that these moments of supreme control alternate with deep lows where the ball just flies off, near randomly. My mind seems to jubilate and dwell on the highs and skip the lows when trying out new gear; perhaps it works like that for some others too.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
says https://youtu.be/8iiMdDFbcWg
says https://youtu.be/8iiMdDFbcWg
Sep 2017
Read 15 reviews
So I've now watched this video a few times, and find it interesting. I've seen both Maciej and Mateusz play more than once by now, using different equipment. They are solid, high-level players with a distinctive personal style, Maciej's being a bit more excentric (from my frame of reference, that is), than Mateusz; I believe the defensive styles have survived and even thrived better where they play.

Never before did the contrast between the high praise in the interview section and the actual play strike me so much.

In words: high control, easy to cut, amazing block, excellent flight path/curve.

As shown: large numbers of unforced errors, in an extraordinary measure compared to their usual performance.

To me, this suggests that the narrative of highly expensive, exclusive gear intrinsically having near-magical properties is forceful enough to mess with self-reflective abilities, even those of high-level players. It's even stronger in this review than when Dan and Tom reviewed the Rasanters, heaping praise onto it alongside a video of them hitting mostly duds and unforced errors far below their usual level.

Which makes it a great review. A revealing review.

It happens to me too. I can hit with some stuff that makes me feel I'm in absolute control. Everything feels in-place, and at times I'm hitting the ball sooooo confidently — and when I see back footage, I notice that these moments of supreme control alternate with deep lows where the ball just flies off, near randomly. My mind seems to jubilate and dwell on the highs and skip the lows when trying out new gear; perhaps it works like that for some others too.

That's exactly what it is. I am the editor and director of this film. I wanted the numbers to be: comparison between Tenergy 05 and Dignics. The guys said it's great to play and you do not have to. Generally everyone is satisfied with Dignics. It gives a lot of feeling to your hand. It looks worse on the table. The rubber that fools the player a bit.