Palio Hadou 40+ vs Ak47 Yellow

I'm looking to order some new rubbers today and struggling to understand the difference between these two. AK47 Yellow is often recommended for being light and fast, Hadou 40+ seems to be a newer rubber in the same class?

Has anyone tried both and what is the difference? Is Hadou more of a FH rubber and if so how does it compare with Jupiter II and Battle II?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I have used both. The Hadou 40+ is tackier than the AK47 series of rubbers and it does grip the ball better IMO.

The AK47 has more bounce and speed. If you have ever used the Stiga Genesis M rubber, the AK47 Yellow is a slightly harder and faster version. Though, the Genesis M has better grip. Actually, the Genesis M feels closer to the AK47 Blue. I often find the AK47 rubbers allow the ball to slip and lose grip (this may be blade dependent). If you need a light rubber to balance out a setup it is worth a try.

The Hadou 40+ is a nice rubber. It is a tacky rubber, but the tackiness is not in the same league as Battle II. The response and feeling is otherwise similar to Battle 2. It is a good middle ground rubber, a do everything rubber. It is not a fast rubber, more of a high control rubber. I found that the Hadou 40+ rubber is a good rubber to put on blades that have too much bounce / catapult for your game.

I found the Hadou 40+ to be one of the best rubbers to put on the Sanwei F3 Pro (innerforce alc version). This was a very bouncy blade for me and the Hadou 40+ tamed it very nicely. The last time I tried that blade I ran Battle 2 on the FH and Hadou 40+ on the BH. My only issue with that setup is there was no feeling at all. Otherwise, it offered good control and was still very fast.

Keep in mind, I am more of a beginner to the game, and I play closer to the table due to limited space in my playing locations.

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Fnub
Thank you for explaining, it does help. I am currently using Stiga Mantra M and H which AFAIK are the descendants of Genesis so then the AK47 line would be comparable with these? With the the Hadou being slower although supposedly designed for the heavier balls if I understand correctly.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
AK-47 is totally non-tacky. It's basically an attempt at a euro style rubber.

Hadou is a typical tacky rubber.

Yinhe Jupiter II (38 degree) is my favorite tacky rubber. Way easier to use (and better non boosted performance) than Hadou, Hurricane 3 Neo, and the rest. (Haven't tried Battle II yet, but it's not as easy to use as Jupiter II from what I have heard.).

I'm not sure how I feel about AK-47. I have the blue version on backhand and I don't get that much spin with it. I like CJ8000 Biotech better. (It's semi-tacky).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Thank you for explaining, it does help. I am currently using Stiga Mantra M and H which AFAIK are the descendants of Genesis so then the AK47 line would be comparable with these? With the the Hadou being slower although supposedly designed for the heavier balls if I understand correctly.

I have never tried Mantra, so cannot compare. I don't think the Genesis and Mantra are that close in playing characteristics. The AK47 might be more comparable to the Genesis II, since it was so close to the original Genesis. AK47 is faster then original Genesis just like the Genesis II is. The AK47 has less overall grip for sure. One thing, for what ever reason I found the AK47 to work very well for opening up on backspin balls. Better than the Genesis in this regard. Genesis was better for topspins though.

Yeah, the Hadou 40+ is a slower rubber with a medium to medium-low throw. Offers good grip and good spin. Works well on some blades, and is too slow on others. I have used Rakza 7 on most of my setups. It is just the first decent rubber that I chose. I am comfortable with it, so it is my go to (the 4-3 price on TT11 helps). In the past, if I ever put Rakza 7 on a blade and it was too fast, too lively. I could fix that by putting on a sheet of Hadou 40+.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
AK-47 is totally non-tacky. It's basically an attempt at a euro style rubber.

Hadou is a typical tacky rubber.

Yinhe Jupiter II (38 degree) is my favorite tacky rubber. Way easier to use (and better non boosted performance) than Hadou, Hurricane 3 Neo, and the rest. (Haven't tried Battle II yet, but it's not as easy to use as Jupiter II from what I have heard.).

I'm not sure how I feel about AK-47. I have the blue version on backhand and I don't get that much spin with it. I like CJ8000 Biotech better. (It's semi-tacky).

I can agree that the Hadou 40+ is easier to use than the Battle 2. If I was to keep using that Sanwei F3 Pro, I would have put Hadou 40+ on both sides and removed the Battle 2.

I also agree that the AK47 rubbers lack spin. For example, I have used the AK47 Blue and Genesis M on a DHS H301 blade. The AK47 Blue was a little bit faster than the Geneis M. The sponge softness felt very similar, it just had a little more speed. The AK47 Blue was better at lifting backspin balls on both the FH and BH side. However, I can consistently generate more topspin with the Genesis M. This is for both FH and BH topspins. The AK47's just do not feel stable to me on topspins.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Mantra and Genesis are completely different rubbers. Mantra is "made in Japan" and Genesis is OEM manufactured by DHS.

Mantra is a tensor type rubber.

Genesis (and Genesis II) is a hybrid rubber (chinese top sheet with European like high tension sponge).

Both are extremely different to any version of AK47.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Mantra and Genesis are completely different rubbers. Mantra is "made in Japan" and Genesis is OEM manufactured by DHS.

Mantra is a tensor type rubber.

Genesis (and Genesis II) is a hybrid rubber (chinese top sheet with European like high tension sponge).

Both are extremely different to any version of AK47.
The construction may be different, but IMO, the overall play of Genesis M and AK47 Blue is similar. On my H-301 blade anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
They are very different rubbers. For me, the AK47 series are speed oriented rubbers while the Hadou40+ is spin oriented. It doesn't feel like a typical chinese tacky rubber. Overall it's a little softer, the topsheet is very different and the sponge has a different texture than B2 or H3. Out of the package is not very fast, however it has a very strong reaction to booster and becomes a totally different rubber. It's more forgiving than B2 or H3 and you can even get that clicking sound typical of tensors.