• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 21
    1. Top | #1
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Please help me choose my perfect setup.

      Hey guys,
      I'm gonna buy a new setup very soon.
      So I've chosen Viscaria FL as the balde and now I'm a bit confused between the rubbers.
      My current setup is - Timo Boll ZLC, Omega V Asia (Forehand) and Rakza 7 (Backhand).
      And now I've been planning to select one out of these variants - Evolution MX-P 50°, Rasanter R47, Goldarc 8 50° - for forehand. I've used Rasanter R47 and Evolution MX-P 47.5° but never tried any DHS rubber, so I'm a bit confused as the reviews for Goldarc 8 are better than these two everywhere. But to be very honest, I just wanted only one rubber for my forehand and that is Dignics 05 but it's way too costly at almost all the sites and it's not available on the site I trust - Tabletennis11.
      Rest, Rakza 7 suits me the best for my backhand.

    2. Top | #2
      Lula is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      1,220
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,020 Times in 558 Posts
      Why do you need to change rubber at all?

    3. Top | #3
      Brs is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Christmas Island


      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Posts
      408
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 446 Times in 211 Posts
      Go with the goldarc 8. Internet reviews are extremely reliable and you should always uae them when selecting equipment.

    4. The Following User Likes Brs's Post:

      yoass (05-21-2019)

    5. Top | #4
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      3,621
      Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 1,721 Times in 1,102 Posts
      MXP or Omega VII Asia.

    6. Top | #5
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      488
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 105 Times in 88 Posts
      Omega vii asia will be ok

    7. Top | #6
      Der_Echte is offline
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      8,995
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,389 Times in 4,861 Posts
      Use the rubbers Mr. Bean uses.
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

      Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

      View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

    8. Top | #7
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      12,478
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,203 Times in 6,777 Posts
      It is interesting: you are asking people to help you and yet you have not said anything about how you play. How should any of us know what would be useful to you if we know nothing about how you play, what level you are, etc.

      The first thing: Do you know that the Viscaria is slower than the TB ZLC? Are you slowing your setup down on purpose?

      What is your goal in changing setups? What do you want to achieve by changing?

      How long have you played?

      What level would you say you are?

      Do you play an offensive game? Defensive? Allround?

      How well do you loop backspin?

      How well do you return serves?

      Wouldn't getting you a setup that is "perfect" or good for you, have something to do with matching the setup to your needs as a player? Wouldn't the perfect setup for one player be a terrible setup for another since everyone has different skills and needs?
      Spin Everything.

    9. Top | #8
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      It is interesting: you are asking people to help you and yet you have not said anything about how you play. How should any of us know what would be useful to you if we know nothing about how you play, what level you are, etc.

      The first thing: Do you know that the Viscaria is slower than the TB ZLC? Are you slowing your setup down on purpose?

      What is your goal in changing setups? What do you want to achieve by changing?

      How long have you played?

      What level would you say you are?

      Do you play an offensive game? Defensive? Allround?

      How well do you loop backspin?

      How well do you return serves?

      Wouldn't getting you a setup that is "perfect" or good for you, have something to do with matching the setup to your needs as a player? Wouldn't the perfect setup for one player be a terrible setup for another since everyone has different skills and needs?
      I'm an offensive player, playing since last 6 years, I'm good at playing backhand but with a little weak forehand technique and I'm working upon it. I'm a provincial level player. And also I'm quite good at returning serves.
      And I've tried playing with Viscaria, it gives much more feel than Timo Boll ZLC. But I haven't tried Hurricane Long 5, so I want to be clear enough to choose between the two!

    10. Top | #9
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      12,478
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,203 Times in 6,777 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Aayush Grover View Post
      I'm an offensive player, playing since last 6 years, I'm good at playing backhand but with a little weak forehand technique and I'm working upon it. I'm a provincial level player. And also I'm quite good at returning serves.
      And I've tried playing with Viscaria, it gives much more feel than Timo Boll ZLC. But I haven't tried Hurricane Long 5, so I want to be clear enough to choose between the two!
      Okay. Then, if you are that level, you would probably know someone with a Viscaria and someone with an HL5 or a W968. Get them to let you hit with theirs for 5 min so you can feel each blade. You should be able to decide which you like better if you try both. It sounds like you have tried Viscaria. So, maybe all you need to try is HL5.

      Then all you have to do is figure out what FH rubber since you are decided on BH rubber. All of the rubbers you are looking at are good. Since you seem to have tried the others but have not tried Gold Arc 8, see if you know someone who has that to try it and see if you like it or not.

      If you are at a level where you play provincially, then you should have access to players who have a broad range of equipment. Try before you buy is always a good strategy. Something that sounds good in a review may or may not suit your needs. But if you try it you will know for yourself whether you like it or not.
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 05-21-2019 at 01:44 PM.

    11. The Following 2 Users Like UpSideDownCarl's Post:

      NextLevel (05-21-2019),splasher78 (09-30-2019)

    12. Top | #10
      laistrogian is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Australia

      Equipment:
      Blade Innerforce ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 80
      Backhand Rubber Rakza 7

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      643
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 385 Times in 237 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      It is interesting: you are asking people to help you and yet you have not said anything about how you play. How should any of us know what would be useful to you if we know nothing about how you play, what level you are, etc.

      The first thing: Do you know that the Viscaria is slower than the TB ZLC? Are you slowing your setup down on purpose?

      What is your goal in changing setups? What do you want to achieve by changing?

      How long have you played?

      What level would you say you are?

      Do you play an offensive game? Defensive? Allround?

      How well do you loop backspin?

      How well do you return serves?

      Wouldn't getting you a setup that is "perfect" or good for you, have something to do with matching the setup to your needs as a player? Wouldn't the perfect setup for one player be a terrible setup for another since everyone has different skills and needs?
      On his previous thread he said he wants to play more “fast and dominant” and that he “wants to be a looping machine like ma long”

      Sounds more like an EJ virus more than anything. he doesn’t even know what he wants and doesn’t know his equipments yet
      Last edited by laistrogian; 05-21-2019 at 01:54 PM.

    13. The Following 3 Users Like laistrogian's Post:

      NextLevel (05-21-2019),splasher78 (09-30-2019),UpSideDownCarl (05-21-2019)

    14. Top | #11
      Aayush Grover is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India


      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      16
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by laistrogian View Post
      On his previous thread he said he wants to play more “fast and dominant” and that he “wants to be a looping machine like ma long”

      Sounds more like an EJ virus more than anything. he doesn’t even know what he wants and doesn’t know his equipments yet
      Thanks for commenting!

    15. Top | #12
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,556
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,080 Times in 593 Posts
      This. Can we please make this a sticky? Or some kind of FAQ where players/forum members get answers to the most general questions before starting "new" threads about what equipment they should get? Saves everyones time.

      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      Something that sounds good in a review may or may not suit your needs. But if you try it you will know for yourself whether you like it or not.

    16. Top | #13
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      12,478
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,203 Times in 6,777 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid View Post
      This. Can we please make this a sticky? Or some kind of FAQ where players/forum members get answers to the most general questions before starting "new" threads about what equipment they should get? Saves everyones time.
      It is a great idea. And all of us people who know the site would read it. But, over the years, I have noticed how many new members post first and read later.

      Think about how there is a "Say Hello to The Forum" thread and how many new members simply make their own new thread that says something like: "Hello from Saigon". Often they never post again.

      One of the places I teach is a gym called Crunch. On every single yoga room, there is a sign in big letters on the door that says, "NO SHOES ALLOWED IN THE YOGA ROOM." There are even shoe racks next to the door. All the members who have been coming for years know the sign is there and know why not to wear shoes into a yoga room. I like to tell new members it is because of how, at some point in class their faces will become intimate with the ground. Then when it happens, I say, "see, this is why you don't really want to wear shoes into the room!"

      But none of the new members who don't already practice yoga ever see the sign that is in bold letters right above the handle they have to grab to open the door!!!! And if they see the shoe racks, maybe the scratch their head and wonder what it is doing there.

      So, nice in theory. But......I guess we are humans.

    17. The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

      RidTheKid (05-21-2019)

    18. Top | #14
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      12,478
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,203 Times in 6,777 Posts
      BTW: RidTheKid, to me it sounds like he may want to try your setup.

    19. The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

      RidTheKid (05-25-2019)

    20. Top | #15
      kneckedeck is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga NCT Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Rozena 1.9
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Rozena 1.9

      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      3
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid View Post
      This. Can we please make this a sticky? Or some kind of FAQ where players/forum members get answers to the most general questions before starting "new" threads about what equipment they should get? Saves everyones time.
      Great. Let's close the forum. There is nothing more to discuss. Everyone has to try all possible combinations of equipment themselves. Saves us time.

    21. Top | #16
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,556
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,080 Times in 593 Posts
      Whatever. Like there aren't other things to discuss It's nonsense asking other how equipment feel. That's where revspin comes in to make it easy. Everything concludes the same way, when all is said and done it's strictly subjective. You'll never feel the same about my blade like I do for instance. So what do you wanna know about Viscaria or W968 that isn't already mentioned in one of the hundreds of threads that already mentioned that? Do you think starting a new thread about how a Viscaria feels is a good idea?

      Quote Originally Posted by kneckedeck View Post
      Great. Let's close the forum. There is nothing more to discuss. Everyone has to try all possible combinations of equipment themselves. Saves us time.

    22. The Following User Likes RidTheKid's Post:

      JST (05-24-2019)

    23. Top | #17
      kneckedeck is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga NCT Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Rozena 1.9
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Rozena 1.9

      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      3
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid View Post
      Whatever. Like there aren't other things to discuss It's nonsense asking other how equipment feel. That's where revspin comes in to make it easy. Everything concludes the same way, when all is said and done it's strictly subjective. You'll never feel the same about my blade like I do for instance. So what do you wanna know about Viscaria or W968 that isn't already mentioned in one of the hundreds of threads that already mentioned that? Do you think starting a new thread about how a Viscaria feels is a good idea?
      Yes, I do actually. As long as there are people wanting to discuss the matter. If you don't then don't. You don't need to be a part of every thread.

    24. Top | #18
      The Champ is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: India

      Equipment:
      Blade Yasaka ma lin extra special
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka mark v 2.0 mm
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka mark v 2.0 mm

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      Tamilnadu
      Posts
      33
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      ok aayush try this combo: viscaria+goldarc 50 degree and 47.5 degrees

    25. Top | #19
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,556
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,080 Times in 593 Posts
      In the name of AIK, "we are everywhere"

      Quote Originally Posted by kneckedeck View Post
      Yes, I do actually. As long as there are people wanting to discuss the matter. If you don't then don't. You don't need to be a part of every thread.

    26. Top | #20
      kneckedeck is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga NCT Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Rozena 1.9
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Rozena 1.9

      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      3
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by ridthekid View Post
      in the name of aik, "we are everywhere"
      lol! :-d

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP