Table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Many major tournaments will sell good pro tables after the events. Those are already assembled and only been used for a week or so. Many years ago, I got my table after it was used in the us national, if I remember correctly, it was about $800 off on a $2500 table (ie: paid ~1700). Unfortunately, I don't remember where I actually bought it from, maybe the tournament website directly or paddlepalace.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Many major tournaments will sell good pro tables after the events. Those are already assembled and only been used for a week or so. Many years ago, I got my table after it was used in the us national, if I remember correctly, it was about $800 off on a $2500 table (ie: paid ~1700). Unfortunately, I don't remember where I actually bought it from, maybe the tournament website directly or paddlepalace.com

that's interesting idea. Never would have thought about that. Don't know about shipping though.. if you managed to buy it from Hungary it should be disassembled and the shipping to Ukraine should cost quite some money.. not talking about shipping from let's say Japan ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Shipping can be expensive. Having ordered a couple of tables from abroad myself, it is usually around 115 EUR to my country. On top of that, you have to pay VAT on both the table and shipping, in addition to a VAT handling fee. All this will of course be different from country to country.

As a curiosity, the first table shipped had very little padding. Just a single layer of cardboard. I was very, very surprised that it arrived unharmed. But haha, we still managed to drop one of the corners on the floor from about 20cm and chipped a small part of it. The second table ordered had much better padding, but you still have to prepared for the logistics.

NOTE: those were new tables ordered online, not from a tournament. I am quite curious how well packaged a used table might be.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
that's interesting idea. Never would have thought about that. Don't know about shipping though.. if you managed to buy it from Hungary it should be disassembled and the shipping to Ukraine should cost quite some money.. not talking about shipping from let's say Japan ;)

I live in USA, it was shipped within the USA and no shipping charge if I remember correctly. Either way, the final price was about 30% lower than if I were to buy brand new from Butterfly, and the table delivered was in impeccable condition with no sign of wear and tear. (after all, how much wear and tear can it be when it is only used for 7 days in one major tournament)

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I live in USA, it was shipped within the USA and no shipping charge if I remember correctly. Either way, the final price was about 30% lower than if I were to buy brand new from Butterfly, and the table delivered was in impeccable condition with no sign of wear and tear. (after all, how much wear and tear can it be when it is only used for 7 days in one major tournament)

without the shipping charge for a table? :rolleyes: In that case it was included into the price and that means that if you had picked it yourself, you would have had even a bigger discount....