Supergrippy non-bouncy rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Are there any new generation rubbers that can be categorised as super-grippy non-bouncy? I know the Chinese rubbers are very tacky and non-bouncy, but I was wondering whether something similar exist in the grippy side of things.

Disclaimer: this is a question completely out of pure curiosity. I don’t intend to buy or change my rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Dignics is even more grippy than T05 and less bouncy. From an older generation, MX-S is almost as grippy and much less bouncy. Probably closer to what you're describing.

Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Palio Hadou 40+ meets this criteria. Lots of grip, somewhat tacky top sheet with a less powerful sponge. It is not a "dead" rubber, but the bounce is a step below most ESN rubbers for sure. Regular Genesis is similar in that regard. If I had to say which of these two is "less" bouncy, I would say the Palio Hadou 40+.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I would say that the new hard sponge tensor rubbers ( >= 50 degrees ESN) are less bouncy on low impact shots.

Also there plenty of non-tacky (grippy) Chinese rubbers. Palio AK47 fits that description. There probably many others.

AK47 is not nearly as grippy as many top level European rubbers. It is a very good rubber for its price, but I would consider it average grippy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
You're using Baracuda. Doesn't that match your question, or is that already too bouncy to qualify?

The Stiga Genesis/Genesis 2 would also pretty much be like that; grippy, really not very bouncy. And in the same vein, DHS Gold Arc 5 should be mentioned.

Baracuda is a good example. But I still think something like Rhyzer is more grippy than Baracuda. I wonder whether Joola (for example) has a rubber with the same topsheet as Rhyzer, but a much less bouncy sponge. I know most people go for the very fast rubbers when they want to buy something, but I also think non-bouncy supergrippy combination makes a much better overall rubber once your technique is good enough to generate lots of power by yourself. I'm very happy with Baracuda because of this. Some of the shots I was making 30% before are now near 70% consistency. For example, forehand flicks were something I would never use in a game before, but now I have the confidence to do it, just because of the control in the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Palio Hadou 40+ meets this criteria. Lots of grip, somewhat tacky top sheet with a less powerful sponge. It is not a "dead" rubber, but the bounce is a step below most ESN rubbers for sure. Regular Genesis is similar in that regard. If I had to say which of these two is "less" bouncy, I would say the Palio Hadou 40+.

Interesting! I've never seen Palio Hadou come up in a conversation before. I'm curious how it plays now :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Baracuda is a good example. But I still think something like Rhyzer is more grippy than Baracuda. I wonder whether Joola (for example) has a rubber with the same topsheet as Rhyzer, but a much less bouncy sponge. I know most people go for the very fast rubbers when they want to buy something, but I also think non-bouncy supergrippy combination makes a much better overall rubber once your technique is good enough to generate lots of power by yourself. I'm very happy with Baracuda because of this. Some of the shots I was making 30% before are now near 70% consistency. For example, forehand flicks were something I would never use in a game before, but now I have the confidence to do it, just because of the control in the rubber.

Golden Tango should meet your needs

This user has no status.
That is quite hard. Is it really usable on backhand? I mean sounds ok for forehand, but 50 and 54 are really hard for backhand.

Yeah I think that Golden Tango is intended for forehand.

Genesis 2 soft might be the most practical hybrid rubber for backhand. (Gen 1 soft is 45 degrees. Maybe Gen 2 soft is the same hardness).