3 Steps To Master the backspin GHOST SERVE | Table Tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hey everyone! The heavy backspin serve that spins back to the net is one that players often want to learn and you may have heard called the ghost serve. This serve can help you understand the process of creating spin on all your other serves too so is fantastic to learn and understand! We've created this step by step guide so you can master it too!

We also recently teamed up with professional player Par Gerell, who is known as one of the best servers in the world, to create a serving masterclass course to take your serves to the next level, for more information on the course click here.

Do you practice this serve?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The PROGRESSIVE approach Dan champions is absolute vital to learning easier and more effective I believe.

Thanks for the comment Der! I think going back to the absolute basics at times with serving really makes a big difference.

One for every serve type?

Will see what we can do :)

If this isn't going to be Dan's next avatar picture, I don't know what is.

View attachment 19174

Hahaha love it! That really caught me by surprise! It might just have to be my Avatar pic haha!

Can’t believe he forgot to explain step 1. Take your shirt off [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Dam that would have made me produce way more backspin on my serve! :D

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
I'm currently still working on my ghost serve just so you know.
What I find difficult about this serve is being consistent at creating the appropriate spin to foreward force ration .

If your raket angle is down even for the slightest, the ball is bouncing out no matter what(turns into a backspin serve). If the racket angle is up, the ball will go short (close to the net. slow. EZ to flick). It has to be extremely horizontal.

Other than that, you have to create enough spin which means using your wrist, forearm, waist and leg each at the timing as for any other serves

You also have to keep your movement before contact akin to other serves and a short stroke for deception

That is a lot to keep in mind while learning.