This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
To sum up:
Untitled-2.jpg

it will be an interesting day tomorrow!

Reactions: RidTheKid
Most people are joking about this. Isn't it obvious?

Its the match that matters, not the polite interview statements.

Harimoto is maturing very fast, both physically and mentally and thats good.

I was afraid about these very sensitive years of growth, as I've seen a lot of children at that age disturbed or burned by improper treatment. But he is doing well and with confidence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
To sum up:
View attachment 19208

it will be an interesting day tomorrow!
Yep, it will, just too bad they didnt switch the first two matches.
Because that way the less interresting match would go past first, and I could see the second one without any lack of sleep, considering its going to be 5:40 AM of my time for WCT-HT match..
But anyways - I am not even mad at Ma Long vs. FZD meeting so early, when that means we are going to have Timo Boll vs. XU XIN yeah!
Two magicians, what a match that will be!
Too bad I am not sure I will even be able to see it, because "wise" ittf is making regional restrictions in my country and I dont know where in TV could I watch those..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Because that way the less interresting match would go past first, and I could see the second one without any lack of sleep, considering its going to be 5:40 AM of my time for WCT-HT match..
But anyways - I am not even mad at Ma Long vs. FZD meeting so early, when that means we are going to have Timo Boll vs. XU XIN yeah!
Too bad I am not sure I will even be able to see it, because "wise" ittf is making regional restrictions in my country and I dont know where in TV could I watch those..

It is rare to find someone who is as keen as me to see the match up of Timo and Xx!
I hope they don't start restricting the tv rights until semi's, I am so used to not being able to live the last few matches of every tournament. Oh well, there are highlights afterwards at least, and it makes refreshing the live score page more exciting ;)

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I am not sure why people are excited for Timo vs XX. Maybe 2 years ago and I am not sure whether I would be excited even then. Hopefully, Timo will not be a duck and I can get excited a little but I have my.doubts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

Agreed. At first glance it seems logical to put the best matches at the end, but Chinese viewers won't have any troubles watching any of them and for EU it's a bit of a problem... so they could have give an extra thought when planning the schedule!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Actually it was more than 5..
He was in the lead 3:1 in games and 7:2..
Then 3:2 in games and 8:3!
Then 3:3 and 10:5, 11:10,12:11,14:13, and 15:14, eventually losing, saving just one matchpoint of Lin..
In fact, it really pissed me, I was hoping Dima would win..

Let's make a TOP most lucky players of the tour at the moment )

My version

N7 Pistej/Balazova vs Niwa/Ito
1-1 10:9 -> 11:10 -> 11:13
2-1 10:8 -> 11:10 -> 11:13

N6 Harimoto/Ishikawa vs Wong/Doo
2-2 7:3 -> 8:5 -> 10:9 -> 10:12

N5 Yu Ziyang vs Timo Boll

3-2 10:7 -> 10:12
3-4

N4 Hayata vs Gu Yuting
3-2
3-3 8:3 -> 9:11

N2-3 Lucky Croats

Pucar vs Yu Ziyang
3-2
3-3 10:5 -> 11:13

Gacina vs Franziska
3-2
3-3 10:5 -> 10:12

And finally the first place by a large margin..

N1 Dimo vs LGY

if I missed something, add it

Last edited:
Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
It is rare to find someone who is as keen as me to see the match up of Timo and Xx!
I hope they don't start restricting the tv rights until semi's, I am so used to not being able to live the last few matches of every tournament. Oh well, there are highlights afterwards at least, and it makes refreshing the live score page more exciting ;)

Have you tried laola1.tv? They retransmit the ITTV broadcast with just as good quality, and for me it is often more stable if ITTV is crashing. I don't think it is country restricted. Otherwise, good old VPN (just Google it if you have never used one) will do the trick.
But I agree, watching TT should be counted as one of the fundamental human rights.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Let's make a TOP most lucky players of the tour at the moment )

My version

N7 Pistej/Balazova vs Niwa/Ito
1-1 10:9 -> 11:10 -> 11:13
2-1 10:8 -> 11:10 -> 11:13

N6 Harimoto/Ishikawa vs Wong/Doo
2-2 7:3 -> 8:5 -> 10:9 -> 10:12

N5 Yu Ziyang vs Timo Boll

3-2 10:7 -> 10:12
3-4

N4 Hayata vs Gu Yuting
3-2
3-3 8:3 -> 9:11

N2-3 Lucky Croats

Pucar vs Yu Ziyang
3-2
3-3 10:5 -> 11:13

Gacina vs Franziska
3-2
3-3 10:5 -> 10:12

And finally the first place by a large margin..

N1 Dimo vs LGY

if I missed something, add it

In the 11 points Timo scored in game 7, I think he gave the raised finger apology for 6 of them for a net or an edge. Pretty impressive. 3 out of 5 points to start game 7 on a 10 point run from the end of game 6.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I'm watching table 1 live now and Cheng I Ching was faulted on one of her serves in the second game. I can't see what she did wrong and the announcer also doesn't have an explanation. Anybody watching the match who is more observant than I who could provide an explanation?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
My idol Elena Semenova. She makes her presence known whenever she umpires.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Zhu Yuling was then faulted in a serve in the next game; again without any explanation. Are the umpires required to give hand signals that indicate what the fault was for? If so, the ITTF cameraman should have picked it up and the announcer should have explained it. Two more faults as I compose this. I don't get it at all. If the players are being penalized for non-near vertical tosses, the infractions are marginal and the men get away with much worse when they serve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Zhu Yuling was then faulted in a serve in the next game; again without any explanation. Are the umpires required to give hand signals that indicate what the fault was for? If so, the ITTF cameraman should have picked it up and the announcer should have explained it. Two more faults as I compose this. I don't get it at all. If the players are being penalized for non-near vertical tosses, the infractions are marginal and the men get away with much worse when they serve.

I suspect it was ball starting over the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
They have to give a hand signal starting from July, 2016.

http://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Hand_Signal_illegal_service.pdf

The problem for viewers is they're out of view.

Got it -and I'm assuming that some process (their coaches?) relayed the information to the players so they knew what they were faulted for. The problem is that the broadcast was very irresponsible and unprofessional in not getting this information to the viewers. The announcer didn't even guess at the cause of any of the faults. Couldn't she have communicated (radioed?) with somebody to get the information and then relayed it to the viewers?

Last edited: