This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What a match! Ma Long had to go through all his tricks and tools to pull off this win. Harimoto is the greatest talent this world has ever seen, a true prodigy. How good will he be in Tokyo? Good enough?

Ma Long made many uncharacteristic errors with his fh, maybe nerves.

This user has no status.
tough loss for Harimoto, he had his chances in this match, especially if he converted one of his game points in the 2nd

MA Long was excellent, but was a bit shaken by the kid.

HT is not even 16 yet (this month) and can get better until the Tokyo Olympics. I believe in him.

Reactions: Richie and Nemo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Loving these stats, another interesting one:
cache.php

Tomo uses the table so well, don't think I've seen a distribution this even from another player, although I haven't been able to watch many matches. I'd expect Timo to be up there as well. Where many players fall into patterns like BH to BH, Tomo finds the best place on the table to put the ball in a given situation. Super quick table tennis brain.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I fully agree. While it's hard to argue with Ma Longs success I find him locked into systems and patterns maybe too much sometimes. One thing I've observed generally and again against FZD yesterday is ML rarely goes for the parallel shot in bh exchanges for instance, he keeps the pressure on the opponents bh with different placement in the bh corner. Sure, it works, and the table is longer diagonally and provides a less risky shot, but TT will also reward those who surprise their opponent.

Loving these stats, another interesting one:
cache.php

Tomo uses the table so well, don't think I've seen a distribution this even from another player, although I haven't been able to watch many matches. I'd expect Timo to be up there as well. Where many players fall into patterns like BH to BH, Tomo finds the best place on the table to put the ball in a given situation. Super quick table tennis brain.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I fully agree. While it's hard to argue with Ma Longs success I find him locked into systems and patterns maybe too much sometimes. One thing I've observed generally and again against FZD yesterday is ML rarely goes for the parallel shot in bh exchanges for instance, he keeps the pressure on the opponents bh with different placement in the bh corner. Sure, it works, and the table is longer diagonally and provides a less risky shot, but TT will also reward those who surprise their opponent.
right, and conversely the BH parallel is the weapon of choice for Fan Zhendong and previously Zhang Jike against Ma Long. I think there's something meta going on between them when it comes to BH to BH rallies, something about establishing the alpha dominance within CNT :)

Reactions: RidTheKid

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I wonder why Harimoto don't use his high toss serve anymore, Ma Long had tons of troubles last year in Japan.