Back to Forum
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
Results 601 to 619 of 619
  1. perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 270 383
    perham's Avatar
    perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 383 270
    #601
    Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid
    Not my problem if you don't undertstand TT, you should both watch and practice more of this wonderful sport.
    I know everything possible about TT since I learned from the best backhand player in the world, Tim. Probably you need to practice with Ma Long a bit more if you want to understand the game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

    lVegita and NextLevel


  2. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #602
    That is confusing because it doesn't really correspond with the video of you playing.

  3. perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 270 383
    perham's Avatar
    perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 383 270
    #603

    China Open 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid
    That is confusing because it doesn't really correspond with the video of you playing.
    That was before training with Tim. Now I play like a living God, not unlike Thor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

    lVegita and NextLevel

    Last edited by perham; 06-06-2019 at 12:45 PM.

  4. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #604
    Thor was the worst Marvel movie of them all, you have to come up with something more clever

  5. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,358 9,052
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,052 13,358

    User Info Menu

    #605
    Quote Originally Posted by perham
    That was before training with Tim. Now I play like a living Hod, not unlike Thor.


    Sent from my i-Phone using Tapatalk

    Don't discuss Thor with RTK, he doesn't get Shakespeare.

    The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

    perham

    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  6. perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 270 383
    perham's Avatar
    perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 383 270
    #606
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    Don't discuss Thor with RTK, he doesn't get Shakespeare.
    I don’t think he can really read based on his responses in this thread, and that’s why he only thinks in terms of movies and stuff.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

    NextLevel and UpSideDownCarl


  7. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #607
    You keep reading Shakespeare and playing less TT. I prefer it the other way around.

    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    Don't discuss Thor with RTK, he doesn't get Shakespeare.

  8. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #608
    You misunderstand, I just filter out your nonsense.

  9. lVegita is offline
    says Nothing to see here
     
    Senior TTD Member 574 532
    lVegita's Avatar
    lVegita is offline
    says Nothing to see here
     
    Senior TTD Member 532 574
    #609
    We have more fights in this thread than in Endgame and Civil War together.
    But the storyline is terrible. More confusing than on the X-Men movies.

    The Following 2 Users Like lVegita's Post:

    perham and UpSideDownCarl


  10. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #610
    The storyline in this thread has been derailed as well, being that Ma Long won China Open in his usual dominant GOAT fashion and that he has the best bh in the world

  11. perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 270 383
    perham's Avatar
    perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 383 270
    #611
    Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid
    You misunderstand, I just filter out your nonsense.
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

    ping fun and UpSideDownCarl


  12. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #612
    Only if you are Daenarys.

  13. langel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,004 2,090
    L
    langel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,090 1,004
    #613
    Quote Originally Posted by perham
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.


    Its not the problem that Jhon Snow knows nothing, the real problem is that KIT gonna here it EVERY SINGLE MORNING!

    The Following User Likes langel's Post:

    perham


  14. Takkyu_wa_inochi is online now
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,444 3,129
    T
    Takkyu_wa_inochi is online now
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,129 3,444
    #614
    who is Tim

    The Following User Likes Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

    lVegita


  15. perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 270 383
    perham's Avatar
    perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 383 270
    #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi
    who is Tim
    My buddy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The Following 3 Users Like perham's Post:

    lVegita, NextLevel and 1 other


  16. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,764 14,155
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,155 15,764
    #616

    China Open 2019

    Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining.

    But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

    On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.

    Now, as far as I am concerned RTK can continue considering ML’s BH the best in the world. Others can agree or disagree based on observation, evidence, belief and/or superstition as far as I’m concerned.

    And at this point asking for specific examples with time stamps for demonstration of exactly what RTK means and what leads him to his opinion will likely continue to result in the response of not wanting to do someone else’s homework for them. He has said we can watch ML’s matches vs anyone for ourselves.

    I do think that example of the LJK v ML match was an excellent case study. It did show that ML is lightning fast at turning to FH on the BH side when he wants or needs to. It did show that his BH was good enough to keep him in the rallies. There were 2 or 3 (maybe 4) instances of BH to BH to BH rallies where ML won the point without need of his FH. However, it did seem to me there were a decent number more where LJK won in those kinds of rallies. But then there were even more where, somewhere in the middle of those rallies ML turned to the FH and crushed the rally out of existence.

    ML does seem to have quite a good feel for moving the ball around with his BH to create openings for himself and awkward shots from his opponent. He also has an uncanny knack for knowing when to step around the BH and end the point before his opponent gains a tactical edge.

    So, he definitely uses his BH well. And I don’t think anyone was saying otherwise.

    ****So thank you for posting that excellent video.

    You guys should feel free to drop the subject. You also should feel free to post videos with time stamps for examples of rallies that show one thing or another.

    But please stop the personal attacks. No more “can’t read English” comments; no more “fanboy” comments.

    Without knowing, one might think we were maladjusted children in a playground who had not been taught good etiquette. Play nice. Respect each other whether we agree with their opinions or not.

    Thank you. And I will leave you with this one last thought:





    Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland

    The Following 3 Users Like UpSideDownCarl's Post:

    perham, Suga D and 1 other

    Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 06-07-2019 at 01:52 AM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  17. tropical is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 497 852
    T
    tropical is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 852 497
    #617
    I only come here for comments. It is fun to watch you guys arguing.

    The Following 2 Users Like tropical's Post:

    perham and UpSideDownCarl


  18. perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 270 383
    perham's Avatar
    perham is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 383 270
    #618
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining.

    But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

    On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.

    Now, as far as I am concerned RTK can continue considering ML’s BH the best in the world. Others can agree or disagree based on observation, evidence, belief and/or superstition as far as I’m concerned.

    And at this point asking for specific examples with time stamps for demonstration of exactly what RTK means and what leads him to his opinion will likely continue to result in the response of not wanting to do someone else’s homework for them. He has said we can watch ML’s matches vs anyone for ourselves.

    I do think that example of the LJK v ML match was an excellent case study. It did show that ML is lightning fast at turning to FH on the BH side when he wants or needs to. It did show that his BH was good enough to keep him in the rallies. There were 2 or 3 (maybe 4) instances of BH to BH to BH rallies where ML won the point without need of his FH. However, it did seem to me there were a decent number more where LJK won in those kinds of rallies. But then there were even more where, somewhere in the middle of those rallies ML turned to the FH and crushed the rally out of existence.

    ML does seem to have quite a good feel for moving the ball around with his BH to create openings for himself and awkward shots from his opponent. He also has an uncanny knack for knowing when to step around the BH and end the point before his opponent gains a tactical edge.

    So, he definitely uses his BH well. And I don’t think anyone was saying otherwise.

    ****So thank you for posting that excellent video.

    You guys should feel free to drop the subject. You also should feel free to post videos with time stamps for examples of rallies that show one thing or another.

    But please stop the personal attacks. No more “can’t read English” comments; no more “fanboy” comments.

    Without knowing, one might think we were maladjusted children in a playground who had not been taught good etiquette. Play nice. Respect each other whether we agree with their opinions or not.

    Thank you. And I will leave you with this one last thought:

    http://<a href="https://youtu.be/lgb...gbvIkbjLeI</a>



    Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland
    Sorry I got carried away. Couldn’t resist, too much temptation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The Following User Likes perham's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  19. will_999 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 35 50
    W
    will_999 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 50 35

    User Info Menu

    #619
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining.

    But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

    On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.
    There was another camp... ML BH is "decent" .
    So easy for these so called "experts" to pass judgement..LOL

    The Following User Likes will_999's Post:

    RidTheKid


Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.