This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Not my problem if you don't undertstand TT, you should both watch and practice more of this wonderful sport.

I know everything possible about TT since I learned from the best backhand player in the world, Tim. Probably you need to practice with Ma Long a bit more if you want to understand the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining. [emoji2]

But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.

Now, as far as I am concerned RTK can continue considering ML’s BH the best in the world. Others can agree or disagree based on observation, evidence, belief and/or superstition as far as I’m concerned.

And at this point asking for specific examples with time stamps for demonstration of exactly what RTK means and what leads him to his opinion will likely continue to result in the response of not wanting to do someone else’s homework for them. He has said we can watch ML’s matches vs anyone for ourselves.

I do think that example of the LJK v ML match was an excellent case study. It did show that ML is lightning fast at turning to FH on the BH side when he wants or needs to. It did show that his BH was good enough to keep him in the rallies. There were 2 or 3 (maybe 4) instances of BH to BH to BH rallies where ML won the point without need of his FH. However, it did seem to me there were a decent number more where LJK won in those kinds of rallies. But then there were even more where, somewhere in the middle of those rallies ML turned to the FH and crushed the rally out of existence.

ML does seem to have quite a good feel for moving the ball around with his BH to create openings for himself and awkward shots from his opponent. He also has an uncanny knack for knowing when to step around the BH and end the point before his opponent gains a tactical edge.

So, he definitely uses his BH well. And I don’t think anyone was saying otherwise.

****So thank you for posting that excellent video.

You guys should feel free to drop the subject. You also should feel free to post videos with time stamps for examples of rallies that show one thing or another.

But please stop the personal attacks. No more “can’t read English” comments; no more “fanboy” comments.

Without knowing, one might think we were maladjusted children in a playground who had not been taught good etiquette. Play nice. Respect each other whether we agree with their opinions or not.

Thank you. And I will leave you with this one last thought:

Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining. [emoji2]

But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.

Now, as far as I am concerned RTK can continue considering ML’s BH the best in the world. Others can agree or disagree based on observation, evidence, belief and/or superstition as far as I’m concerned.

And at this point asking for specific examples with time stamps for demonstration of exactly what RTK means and what leads him to his opinion will likely continue to result in the response of not wanting to do someone else’s homework for them. He has said we can watch ML’s matches vs anyone for ourselves.

I do think that example of the LJK v ML match was an excellent case study. It did show that ML is lightning fast at turning to FH on the BH side when he wants or needs to. It did show that his BH was good enough to keep him in the rallies. There were 2 or 3 (maybe 4) instances of BH to BH to BH rallies where ML won the point without need of his FH. However, it did seem to me there were a decent number more where LJK won in those kinds of rallies. But then there were even more where, somewhere in the middle of those rallies ML turned to the FH and crushed the rally out of existence.

ML does seem to have quite a good feel for moving the ball around with his BH to create openings for himself and awkward shots from his opponent. He also has an uncanny knack for knowing when to step around the BH and end the point before his opponent gains a tactical edge.

So, he definitely uses his BH well. And I don’t think anyone was saying otherwise.

****So thank you for posting that excellent video.

You guys should feel free to drop the subject. You also should feel free to post videos with time stamps for examples of rallies that show one thing or another.

But please stop the personal attacks. No more “can’t read English” comments; no more “fanboy” comments.

Without knowing, one might think we were maladjusted children in a playground who had not been taught good etiquette. Play nice. Respect each other whether we agree with their opinions or not.

Thank you. And I will leave you with this one last thought:

Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland

Sorry I got carried away. Couldn’t resist, too much temptation. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says [IMG]
says [IMG]
Apr 2019

There was another camp... ML BH is "decent" .
So easy for these so called "experts" to pass judgement..LOL

Reactions: RidTheKid