• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Results 601 to 619 of 619

    Thread: China Open 2019

    1. Top | #601
      perham is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium
      perham's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Adidas HyperTouch
      Forehand Rubber Donic Baracuda
      Backhand Rubber Donic Baracuda Big Slam

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      369
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 257 Times in 145 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid View Post
      Not my problem if you don't undertstand TT, you should both watch and practice more of this wonderful sport.
      I know everything possible about TT since I learned from the best backhand player in the world, Tim. Probably you need to practice with Ma Long a bit more if you want to understand the game.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    2. The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

      lVegita (06-06-2019),NextLevel (06-06-2019)

    3. Top | #602
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,548
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,059 Times in 583 Posts
      That is confusing because it doesn't really correspond with the video of you playing.

    4. Top | #603
      perham is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium
      perham's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Adidas HyperTouch
      Forehand Rubber Donic Baracuda
      Backhand Rubber Donic Baracuda Big Slam

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      369
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 257 Times in 145 Posts

      China Open 2019

      Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid View Post
      That is confusing because it doesn't really correspond with the video of you playing.
      That was before training with Tim. Now I play like a living God, not unlike Thor.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by perham; 06-06-2019 at 12:45 PM.

    5. The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

      lVegita (06-06-2019),NextLevel (06-06-2019)

    6. Top | #604
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,548
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,059 Times in 583 Posts
      Thor was the worst Marvel movie of them all, you have to come up with something more clever

    7. Top | #605
      NextLevel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Korbel/Hadraw VK/Carbonado 45
      Forehand Rubber Fastarc C-1
      Backhand Rubber Fastarc C-1

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      7,839
      Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 11,973 Times in 5,276 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by perham View Post
      That was before training with Tim. Now I play like a living Hod, not unlike Thor.


      Sent from my i-Phone using Tapatalk

      Don't discuss Thor with RTK, he doesn't get Shakespeare.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    8. The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

      perham (06-06-2019)

    9. Top | #606
      perham is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium
      perham's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Adidas HyperTouch
      Forehand Rubber Donic Baracuda
      Backhand Rubber Donic Baracuda Big Slam

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      369
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 257 Times in 145 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      Don't discuss Thor with RTK, he doesn't get Shakespeare.
      I don’t think he can really read based on his responses in this thread, and that’s why he only thinks in terms of movies and stuff.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

      NextLevel (06-06-2019),UpSideDownCarl (06-06-2019)

    11. Top | #607
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,548
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,059 Times in 583 Posts
      You keep reading Shakespeare and playing less TT. I prefer it the other way around.

      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      Don't discuss Thor with RTK, he doesn't get Shakespeare.

    12. Top | #608
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,548
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,059 Times in 583 Posts
      You misunderstand, I just filter out your nonsense.

    13. Top | #609
      lVegita is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Brazil
      lVegita's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Petr Korbel
      Forehand Rubber BH: Donic Bluefire M3
      Backhand Rubber FH: Donic Bluefire M2

      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Posts
      231
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 228 Times in 102 Posts
      We have more fights in this thread than in Endgame and Civil War together.
      But the storyline is terrible. More confusing than on the X-Men movies.

    14. The Following 2 Users Like lVegita's Post:

      perham (06-06-2019),UpSideDownCarl (06-06-2019)

    15. Top | #610
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,548
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,059 Times in 583 Posts
      The storyline in this thread has been derailed as well, being that Ma Long won China Open in his usual dominant GOAT fashion and that he has the best bh in the world

    16. Top | #611
      perham is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium
      perham's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Adidas HyperTouch
      Forehand Rubber Donic Baracuda
      Backhand Rubber Donic Baracuda Big Slam

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      369
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 257 Times in 145 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by RidTheKid View Post
      You misunderstand, I just filter out your nonsense.
      You know nothing, Jon Snow.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    17. The Following 2 Users Like perham's Post:

      ping fun (06-06-2019),UpSideDownCarl (06-06-2019)

    18. Top | #612
      RidTheKid is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Stockholm
      Posts
      1,548
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,059 Times in 583 Posts
      Only if you are Daenarys.

    19. Top | #613
      langel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Bulgaria

      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Vega Tour
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      1,660
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 779 Times in 542 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by perham View Post
      You know nothing, Jon Snow.


      Its not the problem that Jhon Snow knows nothing, the real problem is that KIT gonna here it EVERY SINGLE MORNING!

    20. The Following User Likes langel's Post:

      perham (06-06-2019)

    21. Top | #614
      Takkyu_wa_inochi is offline
      says Petit Scarabée
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Japan

      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 80
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Spin Art

      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Tokyo
      Posts
      2,223
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2,527 Times in 1,215 Posts
      who is Tim

    22. The Following User Likes Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

      lVegita (06-06-2019)

    23. Top | #615
      perham is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium
      perham's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Adidas HyperTouch
      Forehand Rubber Donic Baracuda
      Backhand Rubber Donic Baracuda Big Slam

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      369
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 257 Times in 145 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      who is Tim
      My buddy.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    24. The Following 3 Users Like perham's Post:

      lVegita (06-06-2019),NextLevel (06-06-2019),UpSideDownCarl (06-06-2019)

    25. Top | #616
      UpSideDownCarl is online now
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner
       
      Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Brooklyn, New York
      Posts
      12,060
      Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 13,665 Times in 6,517 Posts

      China Open 2019

      Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining.

      But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

      On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.

      Now, as far as I am concerned RTK can continue considering ML’s BH the best in the world. Others can agree or disagree based on observation, evidence, belief and/or superstition as far as I’m concerned.

      And at this point asking for specific examples with time stamps for demonstration of exactly what RTK means and what leads him to his opinion will likely continue to result in the response of not wanting to do someone else’s homework for them. He has said we can watch ML’s matches vs anyone for ourselves.

      I do think that example of the LJK v ML match was an excellent case study. It did show that ML is lightning fast at turning to FH on the BH side when he wants or needs to. It did show that his BH was good enough to keep him in the rallies. There were 2 or 3 (maybe 4) instances of BH to BH to BH rallies where ML won the point without need of his FH. However, it did seem to me there were a decent number more where LJK won in those kinds of rallies. But then there were even more where, somewhere in the middle of those rallies ML turned to the FH and crushed the rally out of existence.

      ML does seem to have quite a good feel for moving the ball around with his BH to create openings for himself and awkward shots from his opponent. He also has an uncanny knack for knowing when to step around the BH and end the point before his opponent gains a tactical edge.

      So, he definitely uses his BH well. And I don’t think anyone was saying otherwise.

      ****So thank you for posting that excellent video.

      You guys should feel free to drop the subject. You also should feel free to post videos with time stamps for examples of rallies that show one thing or another.

      But please stop the personal attacks. No more “can’t read English” comments; no more “fanboy” comments.

      Without knowing, one might think we were maladjusted children in a playground who had not been taught good etiquette. Play nice. Respect each other whether we agree with their opinions or not.

      Thank you. And I will leave you with this one last thought:





      Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 06-07-2019 at 01:52 AM.
      Spin Everything.

    26. The Following 3 Users Like UpSideDownCarl's Post:

      perham (06-06-2019),Suga D (06-06-2019),Takkyu_wa_inochi (06-07-2019)

    27. Top | #617
      tropical is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll All+
      Forehand Rubber Rakza 7 Soft
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Long II or 388D OX

      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Santa Clara
      Posts
      790
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 469 Times in 275 Posts
      I only come here for comments. It is fun to watch you guys arguing.

    28. The Following 2 Users Like tropical's Post:

      perham (06-06-2019),UpSideDownCarl (06-06-2019)

    29. Top | #618
      perham is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium
      perham's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Adidas HyperTouch
      Forehand Rubber Donic Baracuda
      Backhand Rubber Donic Baracuda Big Slam

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Belgium
      Posts
      369
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 257 Times in 145 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining.

      But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

      On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.

      Now, as far as I am concerned RTK can continue considering ML’s BH the best in the world. Others can agree or disagree based on observation, evidence, belief and/or superstition as far as I’m concerned.

      And at this point asking for specific examples with time stamps for demonstration of exactly what RTK means and what leads him to his opinion will likely continue to result in the response of not wanting to do someone else’s homework for them. He has said we can watch ML’s matches vs anyone for ourselves.

      I do think that example of the LJK v ML match was an excellent case study. It did show that ML is lightning fast at turning to FH on the BH side when he wants or needs to. It did show that his BH was good enough to keep him in the rallies. There were 2 or 3 (maybe 4) instances of BH to BH to BH rallies where ML won the point without need of his FH. However, it did seem to me there were a decent number more where LJK won in those kinds of rallies. But then there were even more where, somewhere in the middle of those rallies ML turned to the FH and crushed the rally out of existence.

      ML does seem to have quite a good feel for moving the ball around with his BH to create openings for himself and awkward shots from his opponent. He also has an uncanny knack for knowing when to step around the BH and end the point before his opponent gains a tactical edge.

      So, he definitely uses his BH well. And I don’t think anyone was saying otherwise.

      ****So thank you for posting that excellent video.

      You guys should feel free to drop the subject. You also should feel free to post videos with time stamps for examples of rallies that show one thing or another.

      But please stop the personal attacks. No more “can’t read English” comments; no more “fanboy” comments.

      Without knowing, one might think we were maladjusted children in a playground who had not been taught good etiquette. Play nice. Respect each other whether we agree with their opinions or not.

      Thank you. And I will leave you with this one last thought:

      http://<a href="https://youtu.be/lgb...gbvIkbjLeI</a>



      Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland
      Sorry I got carried away. Couldn’t resist, too much temptation.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    30. The Following User Likes perham's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (06-06-2019)

    31. Top | #619
      will_999 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Mark V
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Mark V

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      Tempe
      Posts
      40
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      Okay guys. I admit, I have found the back and forth of this discussion entertaining.

      But perhaps it is time that we agree to disagree and move on rather than continuing the stunning examples of circularity and ad hominem.

      On one side we have the “ML has the best BH” camp. And on the other side we have the “ML’s BH is darn good and good enough to serve his whole table dominant FH game”, AKA the “Show Me the Evidence” camp.
      There was another camp... ML BH is "decent" .
      So easy for these so called "experts" to pass judgement..LOL

    32. The Following User Likes will_999's Post:

      RidTheKid (06-07-2019)

    Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP