This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
There could be a Xu Xin Vs. Gauzy rematch, man I love Gauzy's play and of course he's my compatriot, but if it happens Xu Xin is going to come out with a six-blade-knife between his teeth for that one. In front of his public, too.
Chun Ting, Jun... I love you too, but you know you want to step aside from the brewing storm, it's for a good cause.

Reactions: lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
For home ground advantage, CNT is doing so badly. The surviving Mixed Doubles pair of XX/CM has been booted out by Taipei's LYJ/CIC. Pretty exciting prospects now but personally I think that the winner of the SF match between LYJ/CIC and KokiMima will eventually go on to clinch gold.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Pretty big win for Mima Ito, her first against Wang Yidi if I'm not mistaken. I wish she wouldn't try to smash every single ball though, her unforced error rate was astounding. Miyuu Kihara seems a lot better in the rallies by comparison. Seems to play with more power too.

Kihara is over 5 inches taller than Ito. She's the next tallest on the JNT behind Hayata. It's much harder for Ito to keep up in the rallies unless she goes for the kill at every chance she gets.

Jan 2018
I blame CM for the loss. She said in an interview yesterday that she felt the heat of partnering with XX.

OTOH, Harimoto/Ishikawa were so brave they kept serving long in the endgame. WCT/DHK were like thank you so much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
The problem with her strategy comes when opponents calibrate and get used to her punch shots anyway. It's very demanding on her and loses its effectiveness as the game progresses. If she could vary the pace more and pull her opponents in and out like Fukuhara her kill shots would be even more lethal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The problem with her strategy comes when opponents calibrate and get used to her punch shots anyway. It's very demanding on her and loses its effectiveness as the game progresses. If she could vary the pace more and pull her opponents in and out like Fukuhara her kill shots would be even more lethal.
She's already achieved pretty much all Fukuhara ever achieved, let's not go there. She doesn't need to change the way he plays, she just needs to win - she is not going to win playing like Ishikawa, the Chinese are too conisistent for that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Not really. If we go by absolute results Fukuhara has these singles finishes thst Ito has yet to match:

2005 world cup bronze
2010 asian games bronze
2016 olympic games 4th place

Am I saying that Fukuhara is better than Ito by absolute standards? No. Ito is objectively better and I'm sure she will be able to match and surpass Fukuhara's results given the opportunity. All I'm saying is that she could add more variation to her game, essentially have 2 modes of play rather than 1 that an opponent can get accustomed to.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
LOL. A guy yelled in Cantonese after game 2: "中國大姐大丁寧, 好嘢!"(China's big sister Ding Ning, good going!)

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
Jan 2018
Hirano is looking much more like 2017 Hirano. Hope the trend continues because she needs it.

She doesn't force her shots as much now. Took her 2 years to realize that wouldn't work. Still, her timing is a big issue, stemming from poor anticipation. She doesn't gauge the incoming shots that well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
She doesn't force her shots as much now. Took her 2 years to realize that wouldn't work. Still, her timing is a big issue, stemming from poor anticipation. She doesn't gauge the incoming shots that well.

Lets hope she starts winning against CNT till she hits Ishikawa's current age :)

Jan 2018
Lets hope she starts winning against CNT till she hits Ishikawa's current age :)

I don't know about that. She said in an interview she wanted to retire and marry at 25. She said not too long ago that she would give it everything for Tokyo 2020 and then decide what to do after that.

Jan 2018
Is it just me or has Ovtcharov come up with a new pendulum serve?