Tibhar el-s

This user has no status.
For my style and level of play EL-S is the perfect rubber. In combination with the Donic Waldner Off 2016 I have found my perfect setup! Now, the problem is that after playing 6 practice sessions x 3 hours each = 18 hours with the rubbers I can definitely start to feel the topsheet deteriorating to the point where it does grab the ball as well as when the rubbers were new and I have to put a lot more effort in my shots to get a similar quality. The sheets also don't feel as 'lively' and there are finger marks from my thumb and index finger (shakehand grip). I suppose my backhand shots are quite consistent as there is a mark on the backhand rubber where the boll has contacted the rubber the most. I clean the rubbers with Tibhar combi cleaner after each session, let them dry for 3-5 minutes and put the bat in the wallet until the next practice.

I have to say that this time of year it is quite humid in the UK which could have contributed but 18 hours... even Donic rubbers have lasted me longer! Given that I am not a professional player I certainly don't want to spend ~80 quid on rubbers every month or so.

Is there a more durable alternative to EL-S with similar playing characteristics? What I like in EL-S the sponge hardness (~45 degrees) in combination with the wood I am using, the fact that the rubber is quite linear and therefore good for all types of shot, very spin (when new!) and easy to lift backspin on opening topspins. What I mean by linear is that with some rubbers there are two very distinctive reactions you get - slow and dull when the sponge is not engaged and fast and bouncy when you engage the sponge. I don't experience that with EL-S which is why I like it.

This user has no status.
I switched from EL-S to JOOLA Rhzym-P (also 45 degrees). Similar, but a little more control and a little less catapult. Rhzym-P was average durability (But still better than Tibhar Evolution durability). Also, less heavy.

I'm waiting for the release of JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but at least the maxxx 450 is slower than rhyzms and has more spin.
QUOTE=Airoc;275856]Certainly no lack of catapult ;)

But I have much better durability from MX-P than your EL-S and I have not yet heard from anyone experiencing such a quick decay of their EL-S rubbers. Strange, that ...[/QUOTE]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
I play maybe 5-8 hours per week and used EL-S for 4+ months. But yes if you only like the initial boost effect the rubbers have then it's not for you as it will go away fast.

What is the closest butterfly alternative to EL-S?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I play maybe 5-8 hours per week and used EL-S for 4+ months. But yes if you only like the initial boost effect the rubbers have then it's not for you as it will go away fast.

What is the closest butterfly alternative to EL-S?

I switched from EL-S to Rozena without any major issues. Quite similar as they’re both fairly insensitive to incoming spin and linear (and a bit boring which is a quality I value). T80 would probably also be an alternative as it’s quite similar to Rozena.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think el-s is spinnier than Rozena while Roz3na is faster and more durable.

Yes, EL-S is spinnier than Rozena for a little while. Also, and maybe related, Rozena can produce high spin levels, but while Rozena is overall an easy to play rubber, that level of spin production requires deep contact with it, and is slightly more demanding. EL-S is an easy producer of spin. For a little while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
MX-P is faster than EL-S less spinny and more durable.

Not sure about that. Both the topsheets of EL-S and MX-P enable "massive amount of spin", as Dan would put it.

It might be a little more difficult to achieve it with the overall harder MX-P, but I wouldn´t say it´s less spinny as such.

Between Rozena and MX-P, it´s MX-P for me any day.

But I´ll throw in HeXer Grip, which is softer (on a level with EL-S), easy to play, very precise and still fast enough.

And I would take THAT over Rozena any day as well ;)