Playing Table Tennis With NEW COLOUR RUBBERS

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys, Welcome to the 1st ever episode of Talking Table Tennis!

In these shows we will be covering all aspects of the game including equipment, table tennis news, controversies and much much more!

For our 1st episode we have managed to (via the ITTF) get our hands on some of the new colour table tennis rubbers that have been approved by the ITTF.

These will be legal to use in all competition worldwide as of September 2020 after the Tokyo Olympics!

Comment below what you think of this new change by the ITTF.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I can't see rubber manufacturers being able to afford making Tenergy pink, blue, red, etc. So yeah I'm guessing that your "X" brand will take on a singular color & black kinda helping identify it visually from afar.

I like the change and allowing people to express themselves however they want. People who prefer black & red certainly can stay with that.

That being said, perhaps it was the lighting with the shadow but that green did look kinda dark like the black naturally would be when your blade face was closed... Twiddler combo bat players rejoice. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Table Tennis Reborn
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Well it would be fun if there was a type of rubber that leaves an impact mark for a short while - like 3-5 seconds. Like where the ball hit. That would be some animation to the sport ha-ha :)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Who approved this rule? Table tennis associations?

A bunch of this.
Dodo_14b_Home_LRG_1014x1049_3.png

Reactions: JST and lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Those are ESN rubbers. I once had a sample of Aurus Prime before it was released and it also had this chip at the bottom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
wouldn't a white ball blend in with a very light color rubber???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
wouldn't a white ball blend in with a very light color rubber???

They need to make sure that neither color causes trouble with either white, orange or the upcoming yellow balls, and normally table colours also.

Whatever background or floors in the halls is a different thing, but that will be more of a personal than a general problem.