New Butterfly Viscaria Blade - Core ply is 2-piece?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hello,

I just picked up another Viscaria and I noticed that the core ply is not a single sheet of wood. Rather, it is two pieces spliced together. This is the kind of thing I see with my cheap $10-20 China blades. Have never seen this on any of my nicer stuff. Even my two $40 Sanwei blades use single piece core sheets.

Anyone ever see this type of spliced core ply on a premium (expensive) blade before? I am thinking of sending it back. For the money they demand for this stuff, you would thing they could afford to use a single sheet for the core ply of the blade.

Thanks....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Here is a pic of what I am referring to.

Thanks.
4a8187bc9486ec3b238a88720479b4d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
This is absolutely normal. My boll spirits have cores that are made of several pieces.

Ok, I am willing to believe that. However, this is my only decent blade that has this type of contstuction.

All of the below blades, which I still own, all have cores made of of a single ply.

2 x Sanwei F3 Pro
2 x Sitga Infinity VPS
2 x DHS H301
1 x Liu Shiwen ZLF
1 x Viscara

Just my new Viscaria and most of my cheap Palio blades have a core made up of spliced sheets of wood.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
that's very common.
I have 3 butterfly blades now and two of them have the "multi core" thing.

maybe you get a 30 dollar donic/andro blade with a single core, and maybe a 200 dollar blade has multi core.
there's no way of knowing, unless you look at the blade before you buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: symbat
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
All of them, in focus, please. Both wings, and the handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
All of them, in focus, please. Both wings, and the handle.

What is your problem? I asked a pretty simple question. I had searched, but found nothing on the subject. So, I asked a question.

I also looked at that thread you posted and there was some decent info there. However, it was filled more garbage than good info. Unfortunately, for me this thread seems to be headed in that same direction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
It happens but it does not affect play.

Thanks Yogi/Liquid Sky/olzetezkarzo,

This was one of the first things I noticed as a difference between my Palio blade, and the first decent blade that I bought. Which was a Stiga Infinity. I assumed it was a sign of higher overall quality. This is just something I always looked at and noticed. I guess I have been lucky up to this point. This is why it was a bit of a shock to see this. I assumed these better (more expensive) blades were not produced that way.

For those that have contributed to this thread in a positive way, thank you very much.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
What is your problem? I asked a pretty simple question. I had searched, but found nothing on the subject. So, I asked a question.

I also looked at that thread you posted and there was some decent info there. However, it was filled more garbage than good info. Unfortunately, for me this thread seems to be headed in that same direction.

Because I think you're nuts. ZJK used a Viscaria that has veneer joints, yet we have so many people nagging like a little baby.

Jan 2018
Right from Butterfly Tec, where your blades were assembled. Find me one that's free of joints.

dzS4Z8u.jpg

R2anw13.jpg

TBoUEWH.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
To be honest, Zeio is right. Zhang Jike (Olympic Champion) used a Viscaria that has veneer joints. If Zhang Jike can use and win many matches with a a Viscaria that has veneer joints. You probably can too and not all blades have the exact same feeling and may vary.