Who has the best forehand?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, here goes. I say, for the most part the penholders have a real advantage.

I am going to put Ryu Seung Min at the top of this list. It is all he has but his forehand is amazing. Not really behind him but next to him, I am going to put Ma Lin and Xu Xin. Xu Xin's forehand is amazing, it is probably the fastest at this point and he gets such amazing angles; and Ma Lin's forehand has been a killer for over a decade.

I think there is a different edge that the shakehanders have but the pace and spin of their shots are not quite the same and the shakehanders do not get quite the same angles. Here is my shakehand list, Wang Liqin (I sort of have to acknowledge history), Ma Long. I personally think these two are the only shakehanders whose forehands look about as good as the great penhold forehands. They are just a hair less in my opinion but the versatility of the shakehand style and the added advantage of the backhand so they have not lost anything on the penholders but...those penhold forehands are pretty awesome.

I think if he gets some maturity and under control people at some point might be talking about Fang Bo's forehand. Not yet though.

says does somebody knoms whats the melody at 2:38 ...
says does somebody knoms whats the melody at 2:38 ...
Feb 2011
Wang Liqin was 2004-2007, the best forehand player.
But now, the best forehand has Ma Long this time!
Reason: speed (faster than Wang Liqin's), spin (more than ma lin's), precision,(Wang Liqin over) [in the years of 2009-2012]
you can always put it today to see how good ma long's forehand ... play against Wang Liqin & ma lin he wins 90% of all forehand rally's in 2009-2012!!!!

ma lin and wang Liqin are good, but not good enough :D