ITTF 2019 Hong Kong Open June 4-9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
(My post yesterday ....).

So .. Ito in the final ....
Judging by today's two games, the game Mima Ito does not add up ....
The final, it seems, will be very problematic for her ...It doesn't matter with whom to play - with China or with Chinese Taipei ......

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ito played like she didn't care, perhaps because she knew Wang Yidi would never play in the major?

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Other result after yesterday's game Mima Ito and could not be ....Almost every second ball flies off the table or into the net .....A lot of mistakes ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Ito played like she didn't care, perhaps because she knew Wang Yidi would never play in the major?

Yeah I think so too. Her full abilities are only unleashed against the likes of DN, LSW, ZYL, WMY and SYS (CM I'm assuming if they meet).

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
Harimoto played game 3 really well, especially in the FH short game. Didn't try to overpower LGY on FH counter loop, not that he has the strength anyway, but rather through well-placed shots.

Like he said, he doesn't fluster as much when things don't go his way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
No reason for her not to care since winning the final would put her way above her compatriots in terms of ranking. If she really doesn't care then she's way over confident.

ITTF Mima Ito's rating would not change if she won in Hong Kong .....She has a deduction of 1800 points for 6/2018 ...
In Japan, Mima Ito if it reaches the quarter finals, it will be good ......She is seeding nr.7 ...Almost in the second round, a meeting with top Chinese women is likely .....Where is the result of fifti-fifti ....
Of course, all points will be reset by 2020 ...But the current Mima Ito rating may deteriorate by the end of June ....Seeding depends on it ...It is very likely that very soon Mima Ito will drop below C.I.C. in the ITTF rating .....

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
LGY toughed it out for once! Harimoto missed many pop-ups on his service in game 5.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I don't understand this since every bit counts. Also doesn't the winner get 2000 more points than the runner up? I mean its pretty rich to say you want to be the Olympic champion but not care whether you can beat a second string Chinese opponent. Of course that's supposing that Mima doesn't actually care. I haven't seen the match so I'll reserve my judgement.