ITTF 2019 Hong Kong Open June 4-9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I believe Ito will be back and stronger

I think consistency is the name of the game. She might have 300-400 new shots in her arsenal but without high quality consistent shots, she can only be the top challenger but never the leader of the pack. Comparatively, Harimoto is becoming much more consistent by the day. And it is really good for his long term prospects.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Some consider him the best chopper in the world.
Pitchford played a lot better this time vs the 1st time he played him.

I certainly consider Ma Te the best chopper currently in the world.
Why do you think CNT players are so good at beating choppers? Because they get to spar with Ma Te and Wu Yang (top female chopper in CNT) frequently.
FZD makes a great example. He struggled against Ruwen Filus in 2017 WTTC, but destroyed Filus in 2018 WTTTC. I'm guessing FZD played a lot of practice matches with Ma Te and Wu Yang prior to the competition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
In a country where national pride is foremost, China with so many players with different styles can enjoy the advantage of allowing their top players to practice among each other. They can have players play like Mina Ito, Filus, Harimoto, etc. or at least close enough to practice with so can develop strategy and exploit weaknesses. It is no surprise to me that they will continue to dominate the sport in an endless time.

This user has no status.
I think consistency is the name of the game. She might have 300-400 new shots in her arsenal but without high quality consistent shots, she can only be the top challenger but never the leader of the pack. Comparatively, Harimoto is becoming much more consistent by the day. And it is really good for his long term prospects.

Agreed.
Reading about Ito speaking of how many shots she has in her arsenal, reminded me of this Bruce Lee quote:
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

This user has no status.
Yeah I think so too. Her full abilities are only unleashed against the likes of DN, LSW, ZYL, WMY and SYS (CM I'm assuming if they meet).

Did we watch the same match? I feel like Ito was frustrated throughout the entire match, which means she definitely cared a lot. She tried all her services and techniques on WYD, nothing worked. All of Ito's shots were returned with more speed and spin. Credits to WYD. She adjusted super quickly whenever Ito changed tactics.
I'd say this is a thorough beat down. It must be a crushing blow to Ito, when all her techniques were easily nullified by a lower ranked player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Really hoping that Ma Te goes all the way as this increases the chances of the world finally getting to know what LP that he REALLY uses. This currently consumes way too much of my computing power and I need to find inner peace. Reading the 27 page thread on OOAK has become an addiction.

So I put some effort into this as I know Wang Yang a bit, so I got the question to him, because he knows Ma Te.
I asked what he uses, so this is what I got:
Blade is Victas Matsushita Offensive.
On the FH side DHS Hurricane Kuang Biao and the BH TSP, not sure which one, but most likely Curl P1R.
I hope that is enough, I dont know about thikness..

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
So I put some effort into this as I know Wang Yang a bit, so I got the question to him, because he knows Ma Te.
I asked what he uses, so this is what I got:
Blade is Victas Matsushita Offensive.
On the FH side DHS Hurricane Kuang Biao and the BH TSP, not sure which one, but most likely Curl P1R.
I hope that is enough, I dont know about thikness..

Curl P1R is the official line as he's TSP sponsored but there're quite a few pictures flying around indicating that he's using some kind of Chinese LP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Curl P1R is the official line as he's TSP sponsored but there're quite a few pictures flying around indicating that he's using some kind of Chinese LP.
When some friend of mine meets him on some next tournament, I will ask for the picture ;)

Reactions: mart1nandersson