Blade Suggestions please.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The difference is noticeable, HL5 is stiffer than 968. Faster when bouncing a ball on the bare blade surface.

I only tried the Long 5. But in any case, don't believe the glueing process will make too much a difference in the overall response of the 2 blades. At least not so much as can be attributed to batch variations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
If the HL5 is indeed stiffer, then linear response should actually be higher than the W968...

Any case, personal preference and familiarity makes a difference as much as a blade's intended construction. If you used the same blade for years, it will be completely predictable and thus feel linear...to you.

Regarding the original question. Feeling is subjective, control is subjective, so it will be hard to get recommendations from those. But if you want "technical" linearity, then check out the VS unlimited, or the innerforce ZLC, best yet, the innerforce T5000. Note, those will be noticeably harder and stiffer, but once you acclimatize to the new blade, "control" should be better due to it being more linear.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It's like nuances, purple vs blue or indigo. It's the same family (colors) and they remind you of one another but there are noticeable differences. I'm not referring to getting used to a blade but the actual characteristics the blade has.

If the HL5 is indeed stiffer, then linear response should actually be higher than the W968...

Any case, personal preference and familiarity makes a difference as much as a blade's intended construction. If you used the same blade for years, it will be completely predictable and thus feel linear...to you.

Regarding the original question. Feeling is subjective, control is subjective, so it will be hard to get recommendations from those. But if you want "technical" linearity, then check out the VS unlimited, or the innerforce ZLC, best yet, the innerforce T5000. Note, those will be noticeably harder and stiffer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I would love to get in to a deep discussion about blade construction and "technical" response, but unfortunately TT hasn't developed to the point where camera lens-like MTF curves can be released for every available blade. Only stiffness can be "measured" via vibration frequency and while correlates with linearity, is not the only factor.

My opinion is that based on available measurements and understanding of blade materials, there are a lot more linear blades than the W968. But the OP wants soft touch and similar feel, so lets not get too far off track.

Reactions: langel