Viscaria or Harimoto Innerforce ALC or Zhang Jike ALC

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Viscaria and ZJK ALC have a similar wood composition and the difference is only of Blade feeling and Handle where
ZJK has a comparatively softer feeling whereas Viscaria has a hard feeling
ZJK has a wide/thick handle and Viscaria has a comparatively thin handle

Harimoto is limba outer and has a larger headsize as compared to both. Also Harimoto blade has a medium-high throw where as Viscaria and ZJK have a medium-low throw which also means that soft rubbers do not go well with ZJK and Viscaria

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Viscaria and ZJK ALC have a similar wood composition and the difference is only of Blade feeling and Handle where

Harimoto is limba outer and has a larger headsize as compared to both. Also Harimoto blade has a medium-high throw where as Viscaria and ZJK have a medium-low throw which also means that soft rubbers do not go well with ZJK and Viscaria

I wanted to understand more about your last statement. Where do you find info about the throw of a blade? I have ZJK ALC and never really knew about the throw. Website like revspin.net has rating for throw angle for rubbers only but not blades.

Also, why is it that soft rubbers don't go well with medium low throw blades like ZJK ALC?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

What's the difference between wide/think handle and thin handle? Are one of those better for doing something? I have relatively small hands probably about the size of a 13 year old which one would be more suitable for me. I asked my club mate today abou the innerforce ALC, he says that he sold it because it was un-bouncy and not as good as Viscaria and ZJK ALC. Is this true?

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
What's the difference between wide/think handle and thin handle? Are one of those better for doing something? I have relatively small hands probably about the size of a 13 year old which one would be more suitable for me. I asked my club mate today abou the innerforce ALC, he says that he sold it because it was un-bouncy and not as good as Viscaria and ZJK ALC. Is this true?

Its a matter of comfort, some prefer thick and some thin, personal preference, varies from player to player.

If you ask me, I always prefer Viscaria over ZJK ALC over Innerforce ALC, as it suits my play style; and I prefer a hard touch over soft ones.

I don't agree on innerforce being un-bouncy, it is not
I still have the 1st version of innerforce alc (without lens) as well as the 2nd version of innerforce layer alc.s and it plays well and bouncy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Lol with This statement about throw of outer alc koto blade
Viscaria with soft rubber is Rocket
Of course yall should think more about quality check.
Me after 5 different Viscaria and two zjk alc -still no expert voice after all bullshit you can hear.. You can get slow hard zjk alc
very stiff and soft Viscaria
flexible with medium touch Viscaria
Very Flexible with higher throw Viscaria
no feeling Viscaria
and super soft zjk

Last edited:
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Lol with This statement about throw of outer alc koto blade
Viscaria with soft rubber is Rocket
Of course yall should think more about quality check.
Me after 5 different Viscaria and two zjk alc -still no expert voice after all bullshit you can hear.. You can get slow hard zjk alc
very stiff and soft Viscaria
flexible with medium touch Viscaria
Very Flexible with higher throw Viscaria
no feeling Viscaria
and super soft zjk
I know what you're referring to, but keeping in mind that, not everyone can afford buying 5-6 viscaria and trying it out before buy is not available everywhere

And yeah, if you want to put your experience before someone put it in a positive way rather than contradictory ones

Btw, your life is a big lol to me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
As mentioned, ZJK and Viscaria are pretty similar in design, and should play pretty similarly to each other. The Viscaria's handle is marginally bigger, which affects the balance and comfort a little bit. Handle is important though as it's more than just about comfort - it can very much affect your ability to keep a particular grip during a rally when you are moving around.

Harimoto ALC is half way between a Viscaria and W968, but obviously its construction is more like a W968 than Viscaria/ZJK. It is very powerful on full strokes, with very good touch because of the deadness of ALC, but no real spring to give your half-hearted shots any real kick.

Stiffness: ZJK/Viscaria > Harimoto > W968
Hardness: ZJK/Viscaria > Harimoto = W968
Dwell: W968 > Harimoto >> ZJK/Viscaria
Bounciness / Speed (over table): ZJK/Viscaria > W968 > Harimoto
Speed (mid table): ZJK/Viscaria > Harimoto > W968
Speed (far table): W968 > Viscaria/ZJK > Harimoto

If you play a game based on touch and powerful attack, W968 and Harimoto are probably better. the Harimoto is much better in this regard for amateurs, who probably don't benefit from the additional gears of the W968.

The ZJK/Viscaria is a very good blade for blocking and counterlook games based on speed, especially when you are borrowing speed from the opponent.

I have a Harimoto ALC for sale at the moment, PM if interested.

Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I have read that all of these blades the wing size is different. Are smaller wing size more suitable for something? and are larger ones better for another?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I have read that all of these blades the wing size is different. Are smaller wing size more suitable for something? and are larger ones better for another?

Butterfly's 158x152mm head size has narrower wings than the 157x150mm head size. If you take a perfectly cut rubber from the 158x152mm and then put it on the 157x150mm size, the bottom left and right bits of the blade won't be covered by rubber. The top of the head is very similar in shape though.

Not really sure this has any purpose, pretty sure it is just for maneuverability and balance.