Stiga Clipper Classic vs Stiga Clipper CR WRB

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Stiga Classic = Vanila version, Limba outer plies with Ayous core.
Stiga CR WRB = Same as Clipper classic, but the outermost Limba layer is treated to make it feel harder and direct on strokes. WRB = Is basically Stiga way of marketing hollow handle which promotes head heaviness and therefore increases the momentum while you strike the ball.

Rubber combination depends on the weight of the total setup. I have a Clipper Classic which is 92 grams and with Rakza 7 on both FH and BH the entire setup weighs 195 gms approx. which I find a bit too heavy for my taste. But that is just me, also clipper blades are stiff and highly acknowledged by short pips backhand players. In my opinion, I feel that Stiga clipper is a very versatile and amazing blade with awesome handles.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Stiga Classic = Vanila version, Limba outer plies with Ayous core.
Stiga CR WRB = Same as Clipper classic, but the outermost Limba layer is treated to make it feel harder and direct on strokes. WRB = Is basically Stiga way of marketing hollow handle which promotes head heaviness and therefore increases the momentum while you strike the ball.

Rubber combination depends on the weight of the total setup. I have a Clipper Classic which is 92 grams and with Rakza 7 on both FH and BH the entire setup weighs 195 gms approx. which I find a bit too heavy for my taste. But that is just me, also clipper blades are stiff and highly acknowledged by short pips backhand players. In my opinion, I feel that Stiga clipper is a very versatile and amazing blade with awesome handles.

I see! so which blade do you think is better for attackers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I recommend the regular clipper wood or clipper CR. Stay away from the WRB (flimsy feel). The Nostalgic seems bouncy but in fact is much less stiff and loses power on smashes. Harder surface, but thinner construction.