Water-based Glue Solidifying

This user has no status.
Has anyone encountered a situation where your WBG has solidified and become unusable? I bought a TSP Bio Fix Glue back in January 2019 and have stored this glue in a cool temperature (10-20c) for the last 5 months. I decided to open it for the first time today because I finished my current bottle of WBG only to find out that I can't squeeze any liquid out of it. Upon opening the cap, I noticed that the glue has completely solidified.

Honestly, I've purchased numerous WBG before but have never had a situation like this. Is the glue completely useless now? Is there any way to liquefy it and make it usable again?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I believe, water based glue, once it solidifies, the chemical structure of the molecules changes and then they are no longer water soluble.

Chemical solvents like mineral spirits might dissolve the substance, but then it would not be VOC free and it would be like using juiced up speed glue. It would probably cause your rubbers to really expand.

So, probably, your best bet is to get rid of it and get a new one. Not sure how it happened. But I have had a container of glue sit for too long and dry up. However, 6 months is not too long. It was more like 2-3 years when I had glue harden.

Reactions: KM1976
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes, it's definitely a surprise for me. I've used WBG glue over a period of more than a year and it's never happened to me before. Quite disappointed.

Is it possible there was a problem or defect in the container it came in. If the container was not suitably air tight, that could have been the cause of it drying up.

This user has no status.
It's hard to tell what might have gone wrong because I never bothered to check until now. It could have already been bad when I bought it in January 2019, or somehow gone bad between January 2019 and now. I left it untouched since it was shipped to me though. I'll contact the shop to see if they can provide a refund.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Has anyone encountered a situation where your WBG has solidified and become unusable? I bought a TSP Bio Fix Glue back in January 2019 and have stored this glue in a cool temperature (10-20c) for the last 5 months. I decided to open it for the first time today because I finished my current bottle of WBG only to find out that I can't squeeze any liquid out of it. Upon opening the cap, I noticed that the glue has completely solidified.

Honestly, I've purchased numerous WBG before but have never had a situation like this. Is the glue completely useless now? Is there any way to liquefy it and make it usable again?

that water based glues have solidified I am hearing the first time ever... I have a bottle of glue that I am not using for some 5 years and they haven't solidified by a bit.

This user has no status.
The quantity is 90ml. I've always purchased in this quantity and some glue I've used over a year. Never had any issues. The store did admit it might've gone bad before I got it and agreed to provide a store credit.

Well, I suppose it always good to check as soon as you receive something. I usually do this but really wasn't expecting glue to go wrong lol.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Grab Nittaku Finezip. It's held up OK. But honestly, Haifu or Dianchi just doesn't go bad even after several years.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I’ve had glue last for several years as well. And I’ve also had glue dry up and go bad. I think that usually happens as a result of the quality of the seal on the container rather than having anything specific to do with the glue. And a container with a very slight defect that may not be detectable by the naked eye could still let air in and cause the glue to dry over months.

Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland