How to remove head heaviness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Hey guys so I got a new setup: stiga offensive classic non wrb with h3neo prov forehand and ritc729 Med pips 1.8mm backhand

The overall setup is pretty light but the thing is that it is extremely head heavy for my backhand side. Because I feel that the h3neo is very heavy while my pups are light. It is very hard for me to do backhands as my wrist is very weak.

What should I do?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
If you don't mind some DIY work, open the handle and fill the cavity with ball bearings (WRB is basically hollow handle). If you can't, the add counter weights to the end of the blade. Lead tape wrapped around the end should work. Worst case scenario, 80 grit sand paper and make the head smaller.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I have rather similar setup but instead of pips I have a Donic Bluefire which is on the heavier side on my BH and I do not find my setup to be head heavy at all.... as yours are pips it should be even lighter and more balanced.

Not sure that a blade can be head heavy only for one side (BH in your case...)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
So you feel that it is heavier on the forehand side? Try thicker short pimple to level it out.

I think he means that it's too heavy while playing the backhand, because it's more reliant on wrist involvement.

Whereas your forehand relies more on lower body and arm which don't have as much problem playing the shot with some modicum of proper technique.

I've had the same problem when going back to my Stiga All round classic. It feels really hard on the wrist to get the bat moving when playing a backhand (especially something like a banana flick, that's nearly all wrist)

The answer he's looking for is as mentioned, to make the WRB handle end heavier.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
But he do not have a WRB handle as far as i can understand.

I also have a hard time seeing that it can be so heavy so you have trouble moving your wrist.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Sorry I misread. He said non-wrb, so not hollow. Try the weighted tape or hot glue some nuts/bolts on the handle end before making the blade smaller.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
But he do not have a WRB handle as far as i can understand.

I also have a hard time seeing that it can be so heavy so you have trouble moving your wrist.
A lot, I mean a LOT of Stiga blades made these days have hollowed out handles and some even the neck of blade is hollowed out.

Adding weight to the handle makes it easier to initiate movement of the bat. This really comes in handy for a flip, especially by flip.

Sometimes grip tape is enough... sometimes removing a handle piece or two and filling/reinforcing the empty space is needed.

I have written about this throughout my years on tt forums and coined the phrase "Beast Mod" to describe this modification.

Why did I choose that name?

It was a suggestion from the Brooklyn Krooklyn District Good Squad Commander.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
As suggested you can perform a DIY by opening the handle and adding some fillings in the wood cavity. Other option could be to use a grip tape on the handle which would bring the balance more towards the handle.
I agree totally to what u said. By applying grip tape head heaviness can be reduced to a great extent.

cache.php