This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I also watched HAYATA, she played very well and had her chances in that match against CHEN, but CHEN was the better and more consistent player and played more calmly the crucial points.

I have to agree on this. Watched the highlights and Hayata had a lot of variations that made it extremely difficult for CM to decipher at split seconds what spin was put on the ball (and thus how/what to return), which was particularly pronounced when receiving the Japanese youngster's services. I think there isn't a left-hander who plays that spinny, fast and aggressive on CNT so it was really hard for CM to get used to. DN is quite spinny but not fast nor aggressive. GYT is aggressive but less spinny and surely not speedy. Chen Ke and Qian Tianyi are nowhere there yet. TBH, I don't think CM had a clear tactical plan. At some instances, she was so close to the table (almost sprawling from the camera angle) just so she could keep up with Hayata's fast and furious strokes. That said, Hayata attacked a little too mindlessly at times, kind of like Hirano. Pity, with more structured placement training this lady will be a force to be reckoned with.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
LYJ 4-2 LGY. All the singles finalists in Hong Kong Open are out. So weak.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
And tomorrow it's another FZD-ML showdown. ML can't possibly win if he doesn't pick himself up from todays energy and focus level. Will tomorrows match be epic?

Defeating FZD is bread and butter routine for ML. Might have few epic rallies. Thats all !!

Reactions: lukyancheg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Sato Hitomi vs. Ding Ning was an amazing match!
I was rooting for the defender and the rally at the beginning of the.. 4th game? I think .. that was just something brutal and beautiful!
Well done!
And on the other hand - I found Ma Long struggling as far as he played huge big topspins into Jeoung.
Then at 4:9 in the 5th game he slowed down and let Jeoung play more..
On the FH he played counter, on the BH just blocking. That forced Jeoung to create more game and thus Ma Long came back to 9:8.. then Jeoung got 2 nets (one Ma Long recovered by an edge), still Jeoung won 11:9..
Next game was close, but then it was all Ma Long..