This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
So Japan Open ...

XD - Ito / Niwa - in the second round meeting with a couple from TPE, Lin Yun-Ju/ C.I.C., and in the third round (if they reach him) - with a couple from China or Hong Kong ....
Harimoto-Hayata-one round qualifying ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Quick thoughts
- Potential CM vs Ito unless the tactics (serve long + barrages of underspin during rallies) executed by WYD continues to be effective and the Japanese superstar gets eliminated before that
- Most unlucky player awarded to CXT again, she either gets CM or WMY during draws
- If ZYL loses to Hirano, it's bye bye Tokyo 2020 and future WTTC for sure
- Repeat of WTTC2019 for Women's Singles? DN vs LSW, CM vs WMY & CM vs LSW again?
- ML cock-blocking FZD again, paving the way for LGY's ascendency to WR#1
- XX/ZYL prolly an early exit again, with WCT/DHK, KokiMima & Lin/Cheng waiting in the same half
- WD likely SYS/WMY against LSW/CM in the finals
- XX/FZD against their new selves LGY/LJK

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Fantastic draw for Harimoto.

Decent draw for Ishikawa. It's been a while.

I finally get the see CM and Ito duke it out after how many years?

What is the likelihood that in the first or second round Ito will have to play, for example, with Yidi,Yingsha, HE Zhhuojia, Gu Yuting, Zhang Rui?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Sad to see FZD vs. ML so early again..
Also sad that a player I am rooting for - Alexander Valuch, from all the guys in preliminary rounds, he gets the first seeded - Oshima Yuya.. :(
Still as he played a great game against An Jaehyun in WTTC, leading 2:1 (which you can find on youtube), I hope he can pull out some fight here..!
I almost pray he can win ;)

Reactions: NextLevel
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
What is the likelihood that in the first or second round Ito will have to play, for example, with Yidi,Yingsha, HE Zhhuojia, Gu Yuting, Zhang Rui?

That's hard to tell. They'll get drawn into the main draw after prelim.

WYD will have to get past WY in the prelim first. She has trouble playing choppers.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
After how many years? Isn't Ito just 18 years old?

C'mon. Ito/Hirano started competing internationally when they were 13. They've been on the circuit for 6 years already. The last time CM and Ito played was at the Grand Finals 2015.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Fantastic draw for Harimoto.

Decent draw for Ishikawa. It's been a while.

I finally get the see CM and Ito duke it out after how many years?
As someone wrote later there are a lot of chinese players in preliminaries and probably 7 of them advance to main draw. So there is high probability Ito/Ishikawa will have to face on of them. There are also many underrated players like Hayata, Kato and others who can be great danger for top 16 players.
The other thing CM looks very strong lately and I do not see much chance for Ito if she advance to meet her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
That's hard to tell. They'll get drawn into the main draw after prelim.

WYD will have to get past WY in the prelim first. She has trouble playing choppers.

I also very much hoped that Sato Hitomi or Suh Hyowon would stop her in Hong Kong ...But they left the game earlier ...:(
(a separate “thank” Shibata Saki, who knocked out Sato ....)

This user has no status.
My predicition is that CM and Mima Ito will play against each other. And as we saw, CM is in highest form. She also has power shots and she loads her services with heavy backspin half long and as we all know this is a good recipe to beat Ito. But there could be also a probability that Mima Ito could win against her. I am looking forward to this match.

And I hope that LSW, WMY and CM get the starting place for team competition at the olympics in 2020.

says [IMG]
says [IMG]
Apr 2019
I'm with you, Suga. Adam's grown to be a great commentator, but would do better to exit that dictatorship-glorifying rut he's in every now and then.
fully agree with you guys. I like the enthusiasm Adam brings to the commentary, however that dictator crap has got old and needs to go. Why use it when so many have objected to the term and there are so many better options. The Dragon is much better !