says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
NAGASAKI did it ! 4-1 against ZHU

ZHU seems to have lost all confidence and motivation. She lost her place in CNT (A) to WMY and SYS. There are many other youngsters knocking at the door like WYD. She was ranked #1 not so long ago but now it really looks like she's already finished alas for her. She already suffered some shocking defeats recently (0-4 totally trashed by ITO)... That one may be the one who definitely breaks her.

I was shocked when watching that earthshattering win by Mima Ito over Zhu Yuling, and have been wondering ever since: how can you recover from such a defeat? The only vindication I can conceive of is to reverse the table by way of a crushing victory in a rematch. But that hasn't happened, and over time, yes, I think it just might have kept on gnawing at ZY's confidence.

But I still hope she manages to recover. She's a worthy player, with a tenacious, well-rouned, and balanced style.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
It's a little different for ZYL. She was born to a wealthy family. Naturally, she lacks the desire like WMY who comes from a poor family. Li Sun has told the media that ZYL is friggin' lazy. When was the last time you hear that for a Chinese player?

Jan 2018
Finally the time has come for Ishikawa's beating.

Jan 2018
None, an absolute waste of space.

Reactions: AndroidRX93
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I'm with you, Suga. Adam's grown to be a great commentator, but would do better to exit that dictatorship-glorifying rut he's in every now and then.

fully agree with you guys. I like the enthusiasm Adam brings to the commentary, however that dictator crap has got old and needs to go. Why use it when so many have objected to the term and there are so many better options. The Dragon is much better !

Lol...dark knight...dont get that at all. And what queen of hearts got to do with playing characteristic. I wouldnt mind if he calls them out with their cnt nicknames. That way we atleast learn something

couldn´t agree more with all of you! Thanks.

SUN Wen took all the risks to play a lot of FH. HARIMOTO likes BH rallies but could not handle the powerful FH of the Chinese. The Chinese also was looking for rallies and kept serving long

The reaction time from Harimoto is sooooo slow if he don’t dominate the game.
In my opinion the slowest one from all this top 10 players.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
SATO is sensational
this is a very prestigious win for her against DING, following her win against MU last week

DING 2019 is alas not DING 2017 or 2016 not even 2018. Her FH is clearly much slower than her young teammates, even weaker than MU. and her legs don't let her move as well as before. As the match progressed, she was clearly getting tired both physically and mentally. The way she lost Game 4 trying an impossible FH receive was very telling. I was 100% confident that SATO would win from that moment.

SATO just gets everything back, she's able to cover the deep court chopping with BH and get the drop shot on the FH side next. She can defend in any position, also with high balls. But what s new is her ability to counterattack and get back quickly to defense if necessary, and the ability to get on top of FH to FH rallies far from the table.

I don't think she's ready yet to come on top of the more powerful younger Chinese, but given how quick she's improving, she could surprise us again in coming weeks and months.

---

I also watched HAYATA, she played very well and had her chances in that match against CHEN, but CHEN was the better and more consistent player and played more calmly the crucial points.

KASUMI, please retire

Last edited: