Timo Boll Spirit Alternatives?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Well, I've played with the Andro Treiber K for a while. Same composition and instantly recognizable as a close kin to the TB Spirit, TB ALC, ZJK ALC, Viscaria blades. I preferred the Treiber K at the time, comparing them to these, because of the handle and the blade balance - slightly less head-heavy than most of the forementioned BTY blades.

I still have it, but have moved on to a somewhat slower blade (custombuilt) with the ALC placed next to the core, beneath the two outer veneers, instead of directly below the Koto outer. The Treiber K isn't produced anymore but be out there still, maybe even on clearance sale. Should you come across one, try it. I've always judged it to be one of the best in that close little family.

Last edited:
Reactions: hazzaa96
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Treiber K or Xiom Stradivarius. Same construction, I've used the Strad for 2 years and workmanship is no lower than Butterfly at a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: KM1976 and hazzaa96
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for replies. Can i ask what is tye difference between the Andro Trieber z and the k?

The Treiber K has the exact same composition as the TB Spirit/ALC, ZJK ALC, Viscaria, Yinhe V-14 (Pro?), Sanwei F3, TMount 540, Gewo Force ARC, XVT Dragon Face, Donic Ovtcharov TrueCarbon, Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon.

All these blades have koto on layers 1 and 7, ALC on layers 2 and 6, limba on layers 3 and 5, and core layer (4) of kiri.

The Treiber Z has hinoki outers, and "Z-fiber" (Zylon/ZLF ? Or zylon-carbon weave, i.e. ZLC?) as its composite material. It's a very different feeling blade. Its predecessor was called Zylon Kiso Hinoki, if I recall correctly. Some swear by it, others swear at it.

Last edited: