Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Curious, when the the Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Turbo National Blue Sponge coming out?

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
This rubber is incredible!! It is faster than any Hurricane I have used before. It is so spinny on full shots. Serves are nuts spinny. Blocks are incredible.

It does punish you if you are playing a bad shot, but it is awesome when you play a good one.
But here is the thing it is so much easier to smash with than any Hurricane I have ever used before.

I hope I feel like this about this rubber in a week.

It is a little hard and fierce on my Yinhe M202, maybe I should try it on Force Pro Blue, I have not really been affected by the weight!!

Glad you like it. See if you agree with my review on TT11.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Patrick your review on TT11 was very accurate.
trained for 2 hours then played a match last night.

I can't believe how good it is on drives!!
I have always blocked well with any Hurricane and this is better.

Serves are so spinny, but just adjusting to that.

And counter loops as you described are fantastic.

It is definitely a big boys rubber, it does punish bad shots more than a tensor would, but it really rewards a good correctly timed power loop.

I did not find the weight an issue at all, but I have spectol red on bh which are only about 30g cut. The weight seemed to make the pimples a little easier to drive with.

I used it on Yinhe M202, my only though is whether to try it on my force pro blue which is a blade I prefer I think as it plays stiff but a little softer.

I have never used a boosted Hurricane but this is kind of what I imagine it would be like!!

I am very very surprised more players have not discovered it yet!!

Last edited:
Mar 2014
Hey Patrick, did you try boosting your h3ptb after the factory booster wore off?

I did, using the Seamon booster and it did not bring back the same feeling. It was playable and not bad, but not like the fresh-out-the-package rubber (the factory-boosted feeling persist markedly longer than for ESN rubbers, ~2-3 months).

I did, using the Seamon booster and it did not bring back the same feeling. It was playable and not bad, but not like the fresh-out-the-package rubber (the factory-boosted feeling persist markedly longer than for ESN rubbers, ~2-3 months).

Thanks mate

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have had this rubber about two weeks now and used it several times, think it's broken in now and it feels even better, probably I am getting better at using it too.

It is so spinny, it really is a super rubber!!

This user has no status.
How long does the factory tuning last?
And how do you deal with it? Reboost? With what?

i can only reply to one of your questions, how to reboost, if your location is germany i suggest you the dymax maximizer booster which is easy to get in germany over a few online shops and which is said to be the ``Dima booster``.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
How long are people finding this stays good, I have used mine for about 35 to 40 hours in 5 weeks and it feels like it is dying a bit, losing its driving ability and playing more like an old H3N.

I have glued it about 8 or 9 times though whilst trying on different blades which may have depleted it's life.

What are others experiencing??

Mar 2014
How long are people finding this stays good, I have used mine for about 35 to 40 hours in 5 weeks and it feels like it is dying a bit, losing its driving ability and playing more like an old H3N.

I have glued it about 8 or 9 times though whilst trying on different blades which may have depleted it's life.

What are others experiencing??

You have just "outed" the other drawback of this rubber (the first one being its weight). The boosting effect starts dying off 40h, after which it becomes increasingly more difficult to play with. I still managed to use it ~100h for practice play. I tried to reboost it lightly, but that did not bring back the initial feeling. Once again, my strategy would be to use one blade with a fresh sheet for tournaments, and another one for practice play, to maximize high quality rubber use. Surely, optimally one would like to play with the exact same set-up in practice and tournaments, but short of being a sponsored player, the finances just don't work out.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Patrick would you say with your match blade, would you have to store it in a plastic bad or sealed container, presumably it is the air getting to the sponge and the sponge booster evaporating that makes it deteriorate, the top-sheet still feels fine to me.

Mar 2014
Patrick would you say with your match blade, would you have to store it in a plastic bad or sealed container, presumably it is the air getting to the sponge and the sponge booster evaporating that makes it deteriorate, the top-sheet still feels fine to me.

Here is my line of thinking: Since the rubbers need to be able to pass the VOC-sniffer, the booster must be largely non-volatile (although this particular rubber stinks = volatile !?), which would render sealed bags a moot point except for minimize oxidation of the topsheet. I think the boosters diffuse from the sponge and into the glue layer and/or into the topsheet where they are wiped off by ball contact and/or our hands (safety?).

Reactions: MOG
Mar 2014
Here is my line of thinking: Since the rubbers need to be able to pass the VOC-sniffer, the booster must be largely non-volatile (although this particular rubber stinks = volatile !?), which would render sealed bags a moot point except for minimize oxidation of the topsheet. I think the boosters diffuse from the sponge and into the glue layer and/or into the topsheet where they are wiped off by ball contact and/or our hands (safety?).

I've noted that the non-adhesive Donic rubber protectors that I use with my H3-like topsheets get greasy with time, something that I attribute to boosters moving out into the topsheet.

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
I will try it on this setup. It Will be my 2020's setup

photo5793894561884516829.jpg photo5793894561884516831.jpg photo5793894561884516828.jpg

Quite heavy indeed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hello Guys, nittaku h3 pro turbo blue arrived yesterday. I'm very curious to try it.
First thing, the rubber is very very heavy: 91g!!
Second thing, the rubber is also very very hard, it is much harder than a 40° dhs h3. I would say it is 42~43° on dhs scale.
Way too heavy. Unless you play with pips on the other side this rubber isn't an option. I doubt it'll have success or sales.