Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
it is the hardest and heaviest rubber ever made and for pro players only.
Mima Ito tried to play with it, but gave up and went back to fastarc G-1.

Did you think you would become pro just by slapping in onto your blade? Funny...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Zeen Mima Ito tried the Nittaku Orange not the blue one!! This was a year or two ago! Plus the Hurricane Blue is not really a rubber for the way she plays on fh.

right, she couldn't even handle the 7 degree softer sponge, LOL!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Thot, it is an amazing rubber, so spinny and a chinese rubber you can drive or smash with. you can get it in 1.8mm and then it is a bit lighter
My shoulder is injured because I've used a heavy setup, actually the rubbers were heavy. Even though I intended to try it I won't because it's heavy. I rather pay a little bit more and get a provincial H3.
If I ever switch to SP or LP on BH I'll reconsider buying it.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I really want to use this rubber, but it is just too heavy and too hard, I actually think if they made something between the orange and blue turbo, closer to the blue and could get it a little lighter it truly would be a magnificent out of the box rubber and would be a market breaker. I would certainly use it! The Turbo Blue is just a tad too hard and heavy, maybe I am just not technically good enough to use it, it is definitely a big boy rubber!!!

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
I really want to use this rubber, but it is just too heavy and too hard, I actually think if they made something between the orange and blue turbo, closer to the blue and could get it a little lighter it truly would be a magnificent out of the box rubber and would be a market breaker. I would certainly use it! The Turbo Blue is just a tad too hard and heavy, maybe I am just not technically good enough to use it, it is definitely a big boy rubber!!!

It definitively is a big boy rubber - One needs a very fast arm pull and/or strong power from the ground, plus some experience in bodybuilding, at least if using it with an inverted BH. Have you tried using it in a thinner sponge? Given its extreme hardness, I could see that the typical mantra "thicker is better" wouldn't necessarily apply as there is zero chance that the sponge will bottom out, even on the fastest of shots. I might actually give that a try.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have considered trying it in 1.8mm, i played pretty well with it, but my feet are not great and i am ashamed to say i seem to play better with Tenergy 05fx. But I hate butterfly and there disgusting price fixing, they are the only manufacturer that prevent buying form TT11 for example as I am not in that country, they are a disgusting company ethically, i just generally seem to be more consistent with 05fx, it annoys the hell out of me.

Mar 2014
I have considered trying it in 1.8mm, i played pretty well with it, but my feet are not great and i am ashamed to say i seem to play better with Tenergy 05fx. But I hate butterfly and there disgusting price fixing, they are the only manufacturer that prevent buying form TT11 for example as I am not in that country, they are a disgusting company ethically, i just generally seem to be more consistent with 05fx, it annoys the hell out of me.

Try Andro Hexer Grip or Powergrip: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/hexergripandpowergrip

Reactions: MOG

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

T05fx is a hella good rubber. Don't get mad. Think how much you are saving by not using dignics.

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Yesterday I set up racket with Nittaku hurricane pro 3 turbo blue 1,6 mm in FH + TSP Curl P4 1.1 mm in BH and blade BTY Defence alpha.

NHP3TB extremely tacky and has great control. FH chop in middle distance very control with heavy spin.
Short game also with great control

If you want to throw back Filus_like_style it's much more difficult.

Topspin I don't like with this rubber. In 1,6 mm thickness it's slow. Maybe in 2,0 mm it's be better.

For example my TIBHAR EL-P 2,0mm for me is much more suitable for my style of modern defence.

Maybe if I try NHP3TB 2,0 mm with booster it will better for me. But for now I'll stay on TIBHAR

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Patrick I tried a Stratus Powerwood last night a blade I used before I switched to SP, it was fantastic on fh with tenergy (but I think would be incredible with Hurricane Blue Turbo. However SP AX was very unpredictable compared too Force Pro Blue.

This seems insane but do you think cutting the head down to say 155 x 149 ish and varnishing the bh side to make the wood harder might make it stiffer more predictable for short pimples, they are pretty cheap so might be worth a risk!

Mar 2014
Patrick I tried a Stratus Powerwood last night a blade I used before I switched to SP, it was fantastic on fh with tenergy (but I think would be incredible with Hurricane Blue Turbo. However SP AX was very unpredictable compared too Force Pro Blue.

This seems insane but do you think cutting the head down to say 155 x 149 ish and varnishing the bh side to make the wood harder might make it stiffer more predictable for short pimples, they are pretty cheap so might be worth a risk!

MOG, whenever I play with thinner blades, I experience the same phenomenon with my SPs, i.e., they start to feel unstable in blocking. Playing with thinner blades requires a much more active blocking and driving style (think Mima Ito). While reducing the size of the playing surface will lead to reduced flexibility (i.e., stiffer), I doubt it is comparable to the stability that blade with a >6.2 mm thickness gives you, but there is only one way to find out.

I too long for a softer and more flexible feeling on FH while maintaining the 7-ply stability in the BH. So far, the Force Pro Black Edition is the best compromise I have found for my style. I think the only way to achieve the elusive goal is through the use of custom-made combination (asymmetric) blades, e.g., 7-ply with a standard limba/ayous construction, and perhaps with a penultimate ply of willow on the FH side for increased flexibility.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Patrick,

Your review of Donic Waldner JO Shape 2016 looks favourable as a better looping blade than 7 ply wood, whilst still retaining some stiffness for Short Pimples.

Can you think of any other blades similar to this I might like to try.

I was looking at Nittaku Latika with interest?

But Waldner JO Shape might be the best bet for me.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Patrick, do you think the thinner 1.8 would be a little easier for smashing, driving?

personally when i use tenergy i find i can actually drive better with 1.9 than max on fh, max is too bouncy.

I know they are different rubbers and you can drive with the 2.0mm blue turbo, but i assume this might be a tad better with 1.8?

I think we discussed before that the rubber is so hard it wont bottom out on power loops!!