Oct 2016
Here is the pic
c69afd776652cb016eb938ba525a9fe5.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Reactions: nivekkan and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Well that's disappointing :D Maybe the softer sponge is what provide the boosted effect? But why is it so heavy? Is it very dense or pretty dense and boosted? If it's very dense it should be harder than 39 degrees.

That looks like 61° Asker C, which would make it around the 50° mark for Euro and 39° for the Chinese scale, which whilst still quite hard, is softer than I was expecting (I have measured Turbo Orange at harder than this)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I played with this Rubber. Its the hardest Rubber on earth. It's much harder than turbo orange or anything else. I would say it's 60 on euro and 43 on chinese scale.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
It could also be their durometer is not calibrated or not being used correctly, that doesn't look like the best way to hold it to apply even pressure.

Nittaku list it at 50 degrees, Turbo Orange at 45 degrees and Nittaku/DHS Hurricane 3 at 42.5

I am not sure what scale this is but they list G1 which is 47.5 on the ESN scale at 37.5 degrees

I have just measured my used sheet of Turbo Orange and it is 53 degrees Shore O - I suspect it might have been a degree or so harder before being used.

I would agree that the Turbo Blue should theoretically be around the 60 mark Shore O. If anyone wants to send me an off cut I can measure it to confirm.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
What could be a good blade for this rubber? I think Timo Boll CAF could be a good blade. Light with koto outer.

Update:

I went ahead and bought the rubber.
Tried it out for a few sessions, 3 hours each.

First thought:
Was definitely more bouncy and heavier than DHS Hurricane 3. Does not feel as dead.
Top sheet works the same as the DHS ones, very tacky and grippy.
Looping doesnt feel any much different, but the speed was much faster.

As for blocking, you will still need to guide the ball over.
Might take a few more sessions to fully break into the sponge.

Tip: If you planned to get this rubber, go for a 82-85g blade. Too light = head heavy. Too heavy = uses too much effort.

Quite happy with the rubber so far.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What is you bh rubber and blade? Total weight of setup?

Update:

I went ahead and bought the rubber.
Tried it out for a few sessions, 3 hours each.

First thought:
Was definitely more bouncy and heavier than DHS Hurricane 3. Does not feel as dead.
Top sheet works the same as the DHS ones, very tacky and grippy.
Looping doesnt feel any much different, but the speed was much faster.

As for blocking, you will still need to guide the ball over.
Might take a few more sessions to fully break into the sponge.

Tip: If you planned to get this rubber, go for a 82-85g blade. Too light = head heavy. Too heavy = uses too much effort.

Quite happy with the rubber so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I don't get the hype with the Chinese rubbers for the forehand.
While I was using commercial H3N the best thing was the powerful input I could put in. On the other hand I had to put in a lot of power else the rubbers are useless for offensive play.
Lately I read about "real" Chinese rubber are "easier" to play - slightly tacky topsheet but springy sponge and relative light. Boosting needed? I'm not a fan of.
Maybe the Nittaku Hurricane line is the answer to the question... but I don't read much about them... so no hype there.
Maybe there are people who can write smth about the Nittaku H Orange Version.
Donic released a slightly tacky rubber BlueGrip. Some ppl already like it.