Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Patrick, do you think the thinner 1.8 would be a little easier for smashing, driving?

personally when i use tenergy i find i can actually drive better with 1.9 than max on fh, max is too bouncy.

I know they are different rubbers and you can drive with the 2.0mm blue turbo, but i assume this might be a tad better with 1.8?

I think we discussed before that the rubber is so hard it wont bottom out on power loops!!

Given that it is unlikely that any the speed during driving/smashing comes from a sponge catapult effect, I wouldn't be surprised if driving/smashing actually is a little faster with the thinner sponge. I don't know it for sure though.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi everyone,I joined up this forum to give my two cents input with regards to Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro Turbo Blue Sponge or Nitakku H3 blue for sport.I bought this rubber in Jan 2020 as an experiment just to feel how the heaviest and hardest rubber feels ( let us call it EJ disease ).

At first, I could not play this rubber at all as I was never very good back then.Now, in 2021 my skill have improved and I am revisiting this rubber. I have boosted it with Falco Long Tempo and it sits on the FH side of my Butterfly 5 ply wood Primorac blade. The backhand side I am using Friendship Battle 2 provincial blue sponge 38 degree hardness sponge ( also boosted ). The total combined weight of my set up is 213.7g.

Now, after a year, the tackiness is still there and each time I remove the non-sticky plastic protection cover, the cover clings to the surface of the rubber very strongly ( to my delight! ). On top of that, do note that I use the Falco Life Extender on both rubbers once in a while; around four times a year, even when not playing with it regularly. The play frequency may increase as I am get more use to this setup.

As for game play, I must say it is a wonderful combination now. It is a spin monster and is easy to lift underspin. I know it is heavy setup but I love it as it gives me the confidence to power loop from mid distance. The power is there especially when you use proper body mechanics. The ball trajectory is curvy & low. In a nutshell, it is a looping monster now.

NB: I am just a club level player.

Last edited: