Yasaka Mark V series Help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hello

I was using an Evo1 this past few months, it is a good allround rubber but I felt it was too ordinary not exceptional in any department other than having a little more speed compared to my Sriver L. I bought a Mark V to replace my Evo 1. Mark V is the real deal, very comfortable, if I may use the word "user friendly" (imho) very good in every department I can think of. It complements and improves my capability. I like Mark V so much that now I'm willing to try out and buy another Mark V. Before doing so I'd like to consult the wisdom of our TT Gurus on this site about the other Mark Vs.

What is the difference between Mark V and Mark VXS, Mark V 30°, Mark V GPS, Mark V VM2, Yasaka V HPS? Has anyone ever used any of these rubbers? Help me out please

Thanks and God bless

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
God Bless YOU as well :]

Sadly ive only used the standard mark v, i got it for my pips blade, i wanted an all around rubber and wanted to try to original first.
but you can go here http://www.yasaka.se/
click products, then rubbers. and there will be a list

these numbers almost mean nothing because everyone rates their rubbers different and everything, but it at least gives you a comparison between the mark v series. alot of times, there will be a rubber, example: speed 70 spin 70 control 70,
and they make one with a softer sponge, so it will be rates speed 60 spin 80 control 80
because the ball will sink in, and it CAN get more spin, but the top sheet is the same, so serves and things like that will be exactly the same.
so you have to take the numbers with a grain of salt (not sure if you know that phrase).

hope i helped

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
The regular Mark V is an excellent allround rubber that can do everything, works on most blades, and is still used by many players worldwide. If you like this rubber, I'd suggest you stick to it, as it has by far the best reputation among the other Mark V rubbers. Sure, some might give you more speed or more spin, but always at the cost of something else.

Reactions: Knuckle Ball
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
practically they dont differ too much. all the rubbers are got by minor tweaking of the yasaka mark v.so some have a little better speed,others have better spin.

This user has no status.
HPS means Hybrid Power Sponge, a sponge with built-in speed glue effect, so not slower, but faster than regular Mark V.

As I understand, all the topsheet are the same.

Mark V has hard(ish) sponge (about 45 degrees I think).
Mark V GPS has softer sponge (about 38), more control, not quite as fast, but still good for allround / attack
Mark V 30 degrees, well, it's softer even.

Mark V HPS is sold to be the equivalent of a slightly speed glued Mark V, and Mark V HPS Soft the glued version of Mark V GPS.

Not sure about the M2 / XS