What should be the rubber that you should buy after being able to control Sriver.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I have been using Sriver and Sriver FX on a Petr Korbel blade. I'm not sure what I should get. My club is a butterfly distributor and the coach recommends me Zhang Jike Super ZLC or Viscaria with Tenergy and Rozena. I tried my friend Zhang Jike Super ZLC and it was very fast. What rubber should I get from Sriver? Preferably butterfly rubbers since they are easier to get.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I want something a little faster than Sriver and spinner cuz sometimes my push have little backspin. Is rozena and tenergy a good choice?

I want something a little faster than Sriver and spinner cuz sometimes my push have little backspin.
If your push with a Sriver has little backspin, work on your technique. With the right technique, there should be plenty of spin in your push and also in your top spin.

Reactions: yoass
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The ZJK Super ZLC is a very big gun that requires exquisite touch.

If your pushes aren’t all that now, I supect they’ll be all over the room with such a blade.

In pushes, your touch is everything. Soft hands, subtle tightenings with wrist action, accurate timing for offbounce as well as ascendant, peak and descendant pushes. Short, long, tight, angle choice; it’s just one of the hard parts.

At the lower levels, the pushers dominate. There’s a reason for that. Sriver L has been a goto rubber in that game for about half a century now (along with Tackiness C). By force of habit, but not unreasonably so.

Playing Rozena, I’d recommend it for many things. Pushing is not among them. It’s very, very fast and lively and needs much engagement to tap its spin potential. It’s a flicking, spinning, blocking and hitting rubber.

I would recommend Baracuda, though. You should realize however that easy spin creation upon light contact comes with the price of spin sensitivity. There are no easy wins, there are only tradeoffs.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It depends on a lot of things :

1. What is current level of play ? Can you share a video of your playing.
2. How good is your coach and how long have you been with him ? Do you think he has helped your game ?
3. Did you tell him that you felt that the setup he is recommending is too fast for you ? What did he reply ?
4. Why do you want to change your setup ?

Here is the thing , I have gone from Mark V to Tenergy when I had a coach and it has worked for me because the technique the coaches taught me needs a tenergy to execute well .. so it really depends on what the coach is trying to do .. if he is just asking you to get an expensive setup to increase butterfly sales, I would start looking for another coach or subtly ignore him if you feel is a good coach for you regardless ..