Mold on blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
OSP Virtuoso CRWi

Hi all,

Recently purchased a brand new OSP Virtuoso CRWi, coming from an Expert All+. Shipping was extremely quick (2 days earlier). I had wanted to glue on the rubber on the day it arrived, when I noticed that there were mold (?) on the side of the blade. I remembered my OSP Expert reaching me in an immaculate condition, so that's a shocker. Any way to salvage this? :( On the side note, OSP's FL handle still as comfortable as ever. I have sent Mr Palatinus an email and hope that something can be done about this.

EDIT: Mr Palatinus replied and educated me - apparently those are carbon dust particles stuck within the middle layer.
IMG_20190608_214410.jpgIMG_20190608_214838.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
No need to worry too much. Detergent and sponge or oxyclean.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Water will get into the wood one way or another. If you sweat and leave your racket in a closet for 6 months, it will get mold. Unfortunately this is unavoidable, but regular use and a quick wipe before put away will keep mold away for years.

Your racket is a tool, it will get dirty, it will get dinged. But it will still perform. Don't worry too much about baby'ing it. Look around and you'll see most rackets people use are pretty beat up.

Go smash a few balls and have fun!

If you are loosing sleep, get a piece of sandpaper and remove the top layer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Water will get into the wood one way or another. If you sweat and leave your racket in a closet for 6 months, it will get mold. Unfortunately this is unavoidable, but regular use and a quick wipe before put away will keep mold away for years.

Your racket is a tool, it will get dirty, it will get dinged. But it will still perform. Don't worry too much about baby'ing it. Look around and you'll see most rackets people use are pretty beat up.

Go smash a few balls and have fun!

If you are loosing sleep, get a piece of sandpaper and remove the top layer.

Hi lasta, thanks for the advice. I wrote in to Mr Palatinus and apparently, those are carbon dust created when he was sanding down the handle. Cheers :)