Nittaku Septear Lead - is this blade suitable?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Spotted this blade discounted on T11 unfortunately don't know anyone who has this setup. Been playing with a modern Euro Butterfly Petr Korbel for 1 year and a half and have made some marginal gains in technique. Looking for a new blade as the heavy weight of the Korbel, lack of power away from the table and the condition - ply is falling off around the edges - has become an issue. Tried a clubmates Xiom Strato which was great fun but too much of a beast to tame. However, loved the Strato's (Hinoki) feel and am now tempted by the Septear Lead. Appreciate any advice, I'm a reasonable UK Division 2 standard; FH loop attack and working on making my BH more aggressive. Cheers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
IMHO the Butterfly Innerforce ALC is a good upgrade path from the Korbel if you’re looking for a bit more speed. Same wood composition as the Korbel so the short game is similar but the speed kicks in when you attack. The handle is also very similar which often is an underestimated factor.

(I mainly play LP nowadays but still using the Korbel and IF ALC during some practice drills with the kids)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
If you like the Strato's Hinoki feel, the Septear Lead's probably a very good blade if you like the handle, the blade balance. It's probably a bit lighter than most Korbels too, although heaviness as perceived in my experience has more to do with blade balance than with actual weight.

It will pair well with medium to medium-hard rubbers, that is to say, the combination of hinoki outers and soft rubbers are unpleasant to me.

Another blade you might be interested in is the Joola Rossi Emotion. Also a 7-ply blade with hinoki outers, but with a composite layer adjacent to the core (of kiri) and a lovely bit of koto inbetween. It has some of the hinoki touch, but not all of the hinoki temper tantrums.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I played today with septear lead
No lie wasted money.
Too stiff and hard impact like what ?Its Hinoki blade It should be soft and the worst part is
not linear throw, blocking is terrible.
Quality is ok maybe very good.
Spin-not satisfied.
Small catch effect...

Arirang is better blade
Aruna is better blade
Andro csv off++

More bh oriented Player than fh so This is the biggest +

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Sorry Abtsam just seen your post - 4 months too late! I liked the Septear Lead close to the table for blocking and topspin particularly had a soft controllable feel and was good for my loop. Nice and balanced too, weight at 85g felt good. Played with hard- ish rubbers, Rhyzer 48 and Pro 50 but wanted a bit more going back mid distance so swapped over to a Tibhar Stratus Powerwood. I will revisit the Septear L in the Summer when my league finishes and try some other rubber combinations. I'm a local league Div2 player so definitely not playing at a high level! Did you stick with it?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hi....Thought I'd add a few comments here - my first (half) proper post on TTD!
My daughter plays a Septear Lead with Fastarc G1 fh / Mantra M bh.
A fine combination imo. I play a Rossi Emotion with the same rubbers but
I seem to be able to get more spin when I use her blade!.
Yes, going further back from the table you might want a little extra power sometimes
but I think its a superb blade with great spin, feel and control. Reasonably priced too.
I bought it a while back on a hunch before more reviews started popping up - (glowing
ones on revspin now (pinch of salt sometimes needed))...
Interesting to know you get more Power further away with the TSPW.
I'm quite interested in how the Septear Feel Inner plays in comparison to the Septear Lead.
Hope you still enjoy using yours.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi Mantra7, good to hear from you. I agree I could feel a longer dwell time and more spin generation with the Septear Lead compared to my other recent blades, Korbel and Stratus PowerWood. Build quality felt great too. Need to go back to it now I've upped my practice hours just 3 matches left. Interesting to hear that your daughter plays with the SL. How old is she? Does the speed of the blade present her with any problems? I can see that the slimline handle would be good for smaller hands.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
KMTT.....The speed of the blade doesnt present her with any problems, only me when I am on the other end of the table from her!. I tried the TSPW with same rubbers of mine above a while back and found the SL to be somewhere in between the TSPW and the Rossi E. power wise. Blade weights and rubbers affect all this though - I don't remember going that far back from the table with the TSPW though. A kindly Japanese friend is looking into the Septear Feel Inner and Latika Carbon for me now, as I can't find much info on them. Due to the excellent spin generation, I could quite happily go from the Rossi to the SL and lose only a tad of speed which would make me work on my technique more for generating it - I am still not rotating my body enough. When I remember to though I am still surprised by the real difference it makes. I like the smaller Nittaku handles personally but for people with larger hands I can understand it being an issue. Good luck with your last 3 matches!....

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
Its the best there is for spin and feeling. I have G1 on Fh and MX-p on backhand, this is top 5 among those 98 blades i have tried. 85 gram Hiso-Kinoki

And its kind of weird if Nittaku should have discounted it, because two weeks ago there where a sign saying Bestseller(!) on an ad for it.

Attachments

• Nittaku Septear Lead.jpg
    Nittaku Septear Lead.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,378
Last edited: