Nittaku Septear Lead - is this blade suitable?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I have seen that you disliked the paddle yet wanted to give my opinion about it.
The septear lead is a light blade which was the reason why i chose it. The feeling and control is very close to perfect. The blade is very unpredictable and has to be paired with hard degree thick rubbers to make up a decent setup. The thing I hate most is the handle , it s extremely thin and me having larger than average hands have a lot of trouble having a good hold of the handle at rallies. So beware large hands , go with something else :)
I found the power lacking and spin good but again lacks power. I paired it with G1 and Rasander47. Prob would go thicker and more aggressive rubbers once i decide if I would like to stay with it.

Spotted this blade discounted on T11 unfortunately don't know anyone who has this setup. Been playing with a modern Euro Butterfly Petr Korbel for 1 year and a half and have made some marginal gains in technique. Looking for a new blade as the heavy weight of the Korbel, lack of power away from the table and the condition - ply is falling off around the edges - has become an issue. Tried a clubmates Xiom Strato which was great fun but too much of a beast to tame. However, loved the Strato's (Hinoki) feel and am now tempted by the Septear Lead. Appreciate any advice, I'm a reasonable UK Division 2 standard; FH loop attack and working on making my BH more aggressive. Cheers.

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
I love this blade. I pair with new Rakza Z 50 degrees, and im a spinplayer, and never ever have had more spin than now. But it worked well with new Nittaku Sieger PK 50 also!

Nittaku Septear Lead has sold enourmus amounts, and i asked TT11 how many they have in stock, because i want one more, andthey had around 550 peces, it has been on Asias toplist for most sold blades. Its Off- - All++ depending on the rubber. But the feeling...the feeling

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I love this blade. I pair with new Rakza Z 50 degrees, and im a spinplayer, and never ever have had more spin than now. But it worked well with new Nittaku Sieger PK 50 also!

Nittaku Septear Lead has sold enourmus amounts, and i asked TT11 how many they have in stock, because i want one more, andthey had around 550 peces, it has been on Asias toplist for most sold blades. Its Off- - All++ depending on the rubber. But the feeling...the feeling

I totally agree re "the feeling", its a superb blade. If the Rossi got Emotion, the Septear Lead got Soul!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Yes, but the Septear Lead is not all hinoki apparently.

you right

of course I get 3rd septear lead and still is the worst from Septear family, but I had Septear, Feel Outer/Inner and Septear Carbon (AD carbon), I can say the reason how hard is generate rotation is weird , the emptiness, no spin, dissapointment, and I had 600 blades. Maybe if I get 85+ grams but everything is near 77-82, Don't ever mention this blade because it was the worst money spend, better buy some Viscaria than Nittaku.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

you right

of course I get 3rd septear lead and still is the worst from Septear family, but I had Septear, Feel Outer/Inner and Septear Carbon (AD carbon), I can say the reason how hard is generate rotation is weird , the emptiness, no spin, dissapointment, and I had 600 blades. Maybe if I get 85+ grams but everything is near 77-82, Don't ever mention this blade because it was the worst money spend, better buy some Viscaria than Nittaku.

Did you like any of the Septear family blades? If so, which ones were good?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Did you like any of the Septear family blades? If so, which ones were good?

I respond you because you get notifications

Septear Feel Outer, this FE material gives more glue,dwell time when I spin the ball, I had Innerforce layer alc at the same time and I find Septear Feel outer was great when I played near the table, short game, flick, easy spin, that was very good, but when I put myself far away from table I didnt get anything special because ball was slower, higher kick without sharpness and Innerforce Layer Alc was better if I used 1- 2 metres from the table.
The biggest cons from Septear family is handle, it is not something that will give you wow feeling, this is not hand made type of material, but if you like play near the table this is great choice for spin and great technique players.
Serves were great, maybe lil bit too bouncy but of course it is great blade because the stickness from blade+ new sticky hybrid rubbers give a lot time and pleasure if your technique is LOOPING oriented, you will enjoy it.
10/10 passive play
8,5/10 offensive play
9/10 near the table
7/10 far from table
execution aka smash and powerplay 7,5/10
spin play aka looping 9,5/10
quality of hinoki 10/10
quality of handle 6,5/10
If someone will rework handles= 9/10, without that for me bad days/good days= 7,5/8, for modern play 8/10, 10/10 for archaic spin looping...
the difference between Lead and Feel outer is feeling

Last edited: