A good custom setup for someone who is COMPLETELY new

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I saw this thread while googling and hope I'm not intruding. I got some ideas already from reading previous posts. I also never play table tennis which is why thread got my attention, but husband had a table growing up and played a lot with hitting hard and spinning ball a lot. He does not have a racket anymore and not played for long time, so I wanted to get us both rackets to play.

But my question is a more specific, as I have $30 To Spend On AliExpress for Gift Coupon that I won (to buy both rackets).
I was thinking to buy two different rackets, so he can pick which he likes best once he plays with them. I play the other since I'm brand new player.

So if you have $30 gift coupon on AliExpress what 2 rackets to buy, SUGGESTIONS VERY WELCOME :)

I saw several that looked interesting to me that were generally around $15, but did not know which to buy. I see one was actually posted above (SanweiM8 with T88).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I did not mention that I do not want to glue myself, so these are the ones I was thinking after looking more on Ali that seem the most talked about and well reviews online and reading posts here (for the price).

Maybe I missed something else that would better choice? Although they are all probably somewhat similar, which two to get?
Thanks for any help/suggestions in advance. :)

$15.21 - Sanwei M8 w/ T88
$16.49 - Sanwei M8 w/ 729 General
$15.36 - Yinhe N9s w/ 729 XL
$17.79 - Yinhe N9s w/ Reactor Corbor
$12.41 - Yinhe N11s w/ Reactor Corbor
$14.90 - Palio 3 star w/ AK47
$17.42 - DHS 4002 w/ Hurricane 2 or 3 & G888 (genuine/fake?)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
First rule of beginner

1. Don’t overthinking your equipment
2. Learn with equipment you have until you really need upgrade your setup
3. Just pick one, and back to rule number one and rule number two

If someone give you advice, they really know what you need. So.. just pick the advice and done.

You don’t need to give alternative
if you’re, back to rule number one

And why you thinking you need better choices, from your list? You don’t know about equipment at all, and we give you an advice that good for you.. because we already in you place before

Sanwei m8 flex, good control and looping machine. Don’t too judge setup with cheap price or by its look

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
OK, I understand. :) I will get Sanwei8 with T88 for me; I like that it comes with free cover also.

But since my husband plays better table tennis (I guess intermediate). I don't understand details of his playing, but he stands far from table and makes ball spin alot and hits where he says he will and beats all his friends with basic racket, so maybe one of the other choices is a little more advance or better for him? I want it to be surprise, so I do not want to ask him which one to choose which is partly why come here. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This thread started about Nick_Angel trying to find a racket for a friend who has not played.

Sorry about this Serbian Beauty, but if you are looking for a racket for your husband, then you really should start your own thread. I have seen strange arguments start when someone is asking for equipment advice in a thread that was started for someone else. Things like, a person reads the first 3 posts, has no idea that you are asking for advice as well and gives the OP advice that he no longer needs and the second person (in this case you, Serbian_B) gets angry because the advice sounded insulting because they didn't understand it was for someone else.

So, if I see any more posts on Serbian_B's topic, I will simply close the thread. Serbian_B, kindly make a new thread for your Husband's equipment. One detail, if he is half as good as you have described, think about spending $100-300 for his racket. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
No problem at all. :eek:
(salary terrible in Serbia and average is about $300/month, so that is like suggesting someone in US spend at least $1000-$3000 on racket based on average US salaries. :eek: )

This thread started about Nick_Angel trying to find a racket for a friend who has not played.

Sorry about this Serbian Beauty, but if you are looking for a racket for your husband, then you really should start your own thread. I have seen strange arguments start when someone is asking for equipment advice in a thread that was started for someone else. Things like, a person reads the first 3 posts, has no idea that you are asking for advice as well and gives the OP advice that he no longer needs and the second person (in this case you, Serbian_B) gets angry because the advice sounded insulting because they didn't understand it was for someone else.

So, if I see any more posts on Serbian_B's topic, I will simply close the thread. Serbian_B, kindly make a new thread for your Husband's equipment. One detail, if he is half as good as you have described, think about spending $100-300 for his racket. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl