DHS Dragonow (good or bad) ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Very very hard and little grip. 802 40 better in my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Lula, how would you compare the hardness to unboosted Dolphin? And Grip?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
the pips of dragonow are quite big so it's got good spin.
but the sponge is pretty hard and heavy.
it's a nice rubber.

802-40 is pretty soft and has a lot of grip, it acts very close to an inverted rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
the pips of dragonow are quite big so it's got good spin.
but the sponge is pretty hard and heavy.

802-40 is pretty soft and has a lot of grip, it acts very close to an inverted rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Lula, how would you compare the hardness to unboosted Dolphin? And Grip?

I have not Tried it much. One of my players went from unboosted dolphin to dragonow. I think it feels harder than both the dolphin and the 802 40. I just played a few balls with it and i could play with it okay. But the control is not so good because it feels so hard so i think you need to be at atleast third or second highest leauge in Sweden to use it well. I would proably not use it because it felt to hard.

I think the spin felt much less than both dolphin and 802 40. Not a good rubber if you want to create spin. For this reason i would not use it either.

Next time my player Will buy a new rubber i Will advice him to buy something else. To difficult for him to develop with this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I have not Tried it much. One of my players went from unboosted dolphin to dragonow. I think it feels harder than both the dolphin and the 802 40. I just played a few balls with it and i could play with it okay. But the control is not so good because it feels so hard so i think you need to be at atleast third or second highest leauge in Sweden to use it well. I would proably not use it because it felt to hard.

I think the spin felt much less than both dolphin and 802 40. Not a good rubber if you want to create spin. For this reason i would not use it either.

Next time my player Will buy a new rubber i Will advice him to buy something else. To difficult for him to develop with this.
Is it harder than a Dhs 40 degree?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Is it harder than a Dhs 40 degree?

Do not know. Not Good with degrees. How long have you played for and at What level? Still think this is not good for players that are not at a very high level, even think that very few really really good players would use it because there is not good control.

I have used short pimple for over ten years at a pretty high level. Our chinese coach that trained with the national team when he was younger think it is to hard.