TableTennisDaily's Dan plays TEQPONG with Michael Maze | $50,000

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys!

Recently I went to the TEQPONG headquarters in Hungary where I tried the new sport TEQPONG with Michael Maze! TEQPONG is a NEW racket sport using a curved table and it's AWESOME!

In November will be the TEQPONG World Cup with $50,000 up for grabs! Enter the tournament by emailing them here: [email protected] remember to use #TableTennisDaily as the reference for discount!

What do you think of TEQPONG?

Be sure to follow TEQPONG on Social Media:
Facebook
Instagram

Be sure to let us know in the comments where the first TEQPONG World Cup will be this year for your chance to win a TEQPONG table! Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I think it looks silly. On the other hand, since you play with the same equipment, then maybe one can avoid the EJing, boosting and other speculations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Well I can understand Ping Pong. Less spin, same rackets - easier to play(I mean to return the ball on lower level) - nice.
The problem with this.. this.. It needs a NEW TABLE. You know - buying a couple of rackets for ping pong and playing in the club - that's easily done. But who will buy a new curved table only for this..

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I don't get it. I'd rather play the version where you head a football on the table.

I was doing some computations, varying the table curve. The downward curve is not so suitable, I think, for the little plastic ball. It gets very low very fast, the more so once you imagine a ball with some topspin on it.

A slight upward curve may be interesting, though. Magic pushblock like play, hightly exaggerated differences in trajectory depending on spin type and level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I was doing some computations, varying the table curve. The downward curve is not so suitable, I think, for the little plastic ball. It gets very low very fast, the more so once you imagine a ball with some topspin on it.

A slight upward curve may be interesting, though. Magic pushblock like play, hightly exaggerated differences in trajectory depending on spin type and level.

Upward curve idea, then all you have to do is flat hit at the highest back end of table to score.

This user has no status.
Hey guys!

Recently I went to the TEQPONG headquarters in Hungary where I tried the new sport TEQPONG with Michael Maze! TEQPONG is a NEW racket sport using a curved table and it's AWESOME!

In November will be the TEQPONG World Cup with $50,000 up for grabs! Enter the tournament by emailing them here: [email protected] remember to use #TableTennisDaily as the reference for discount!

What do you think of TEQPONG?

Be sure to follow TEQPONG on Social Media:
Facebook
Instagram

Be sure to let us know in the comments where the first TEQPONG World Cup will be this year for your chance to win a TEQPONG table! Good luck!

I think my back gave out from just watching this. I’m sure constantly bending down to pick up those low balls will definitely do wonders for my spine.

Last edited:
Well, we discussed this table about a year ago, and then I said I'd take a photo /which I forgot/ of a table in the club, with one fieald side curved hyperbolically, and the other half side curved parabolically, but not too much. It happens quite often if the table is not storef correctly. Its interesting to play on it as the side spin on differents parts is acting differently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Some questions:

If a player calls a a double-point and loses the point, does he lose two points, or only one?

Regarding the equipment - can normal hardbats be used, or are is something special about these? Are normal 40 mm balls used?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
What's the point? It's not table tennis. It's not athletic. It's not readily available. It's yet another in the infinitely long line of gimmicks.