TableTennisDaily's Dan plays TEQPONG with Michael Maze | $50,000

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
What's the point? It's not table tennis. It's not athletic. It's not readily available. It's yet another in the infinitely long line of gimmicks.

Probably have a niche market, hotels by the pool, bars, parks, beaches.

Maybe home backyards.

Last edited:
Probably have a niche market, hotels by the pool, bars, parks, beaches.

Maybe home backyards.

But the service position is also insanely far back.

It's like they went out of their way to make TT/ping pong less athletic, use a less versatile table, require more space (at least compared to casual TT/pingpong).

It just seems absurd to me, this would not be out of place as an april fools joke.

Reactions: JST and bircham boi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
But the service position is also insanely far back.

It's like they went out of their way to make TT/ping pong less athletic, use a less versatile table, require more space (at least compared to casual TT/pingpong).

It just seems absurd to me, this would not be out of place as an april fools joke.

Yeah, forgot about the serve position, which takes some of my niche ideas out of the game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
It is some kind of a cross over concept. Watching a few clips on the website, I notice that they have not decided if the table is best suited for football, volleyball, tennis, handball or table tennis. They are trying to promote the table with bits and pieces from different sports, a bit like a jack of all trades. I believe the table itself is made to look a bit fancy and catchy, but I actually doubt if this makes it more functional. You can clearly see some inspiration taken from the T2 tables, serving boxes like in squash etc.

Sure thing, they have hired som well known names from the different sports to promote the tables. I guess Dan and Maze falls into the table tennis promotion category ;)

Unfortunately, even if the website really tries hard to give the impression of huge popularity and innovation behind the concept, I do not buy it. It looks like the concept is from 2015 and they got some money from a Hungarian innovation fund. Not sure who else is behind this. Nothing wrong with that, it takes time to gain some traction, but I believe that the concept is oversold already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astorix and Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It is some kind of a cross over concept. Watching a few clips on the website, I notice that they have not decided if the table is best suited for football, volleyball, tennis, handball or table tennis. They are trying to promote the table with bits and pieces from different sports

I saw these tables in Budapest last summer. I think they wanted to make tables for playing headis (hitting the football ball with your head on TT table) and added some "innovation" and ended with "teqball". And now they are trying to use it for everything that uses a ball. It's crazy. It won't get any traction with TT imho... how about snooker? :D

Reactions: whocarez
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
nothing wrong with trying to sell this as a recreational activity, as it could be used by people from different sports - for sure it won't work strictly as a serious TT vehicle.