GEWO Nexxus EL Pro 50 or 53

Has anyone tried GEWO Nexxus EL Pro 50 or 53?

I am setting up my new Viscaria, my BH rubber is going to be EL Pro 48 which I have on my Hurricane Long 3 and very much like it, but I was looking for a good FH rubber.
I previously used Rasanter R47 and liked it, but like EL Pro 48 better on my FH, however, I would like something slightly less bouncier to help me with short game and serve returns. Don't want less speed though. I have a sheet of Rasanter R50, but think it is going to be too hard and fast, plus it is pretty heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I'm not pro or so, but I don't think any ESN rubber 50+ deg will help you in short touch, push, because they have tension, if you want speed you must accelerate the stroke the efficient way, and ensure the short return with Chinese rubber, I own a Viscaria and it's fast and springy because the koto, but using a Chinese rubber as Jupiter II is awesome and fast, but not springy. May be could be the solution to your issue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
You can just use the Rasanter that you have. If you need less bounciness then maybe change your technique or correct it. Make your touch better.

Last edited:
Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
You can just use the Rasanter that you have. If you need more bounciness then maybe change your technique or correct it.

I agree. Coming from the same concept, R50 and EL50 shouldn´t be too far apart.

And if you are afraid R50 would be too hard, stay away from anything with "53" in its name ;)

Still looking for more info on Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 50.

I have been using Viscaria with EL Pro 48 on BH and Rasanter R47 on FH for about 3 weeks now. My short game improved drastically, pretty much immediately after switching to Viscaria.
I also feel like EL Pro 48 would fit my FH better than R47, however, R47 is working very well right now, but I feel like I can handle slightly more power with EL Pro 48, and it will give me slightly more control.

So still wondering if EL Pro 50 would fit my FH better than 48.

This user has no status.
Every company has a 50 degree tensor rubber these days. Way too many to choose from and they probably all play somewhat similarly [when comparing touch play]

But if you want something less bouncy for touch play then maybe try a 50 degree hybrid rubber like JOOLA Golden Tango PS.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
I have EL Pro 50 2.1 on FH & EL Pro 48 2.1 on BH of a Mizutani ZLC. I have used 3 other max sheets of the 48 before.

EL Pro 50 is the best FH ESN rubber I have used till date. It is different from EL Pro48 - different topsheet. Also, it is more powerful, has more spin & most importantly: it's throw is fairly stable as you increase power (unlike the EL Pro 48). Very grippy. Bites well even with ABS balls (unlike MX-P 50). Great for looping against underspin (unlike MX-P 50). Ball stays on the paddle longer than most, if not all rubbers in its class. Medium / high throw in powerloops (unlike R50 which has medium / low throw).

Only thing (for my game I find the 48 better for is (deceptive) serves using a head-high toss (48 is the best rubber I have used for this attribute). With the 50, serving spinny requires a higher toss & better technique.

I like it more than Tenergy 05 Hard.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: YV13 and yoass
I have EL Pro 50 2.1 on FH & EL Pro 48 2.1 on BH of a Mizutani ZLC. I have used 3 other max sheets of the 48 before.

EL Pro 50 is the best FH ESN rubber I have used till date. It is different from EL Pro48 - different topsheet. Also, it is more powerful, has more spin & most importantly: it's throw is fairly stable as you increase power (unlike the EL Pro 48). Very grippy. Bites well even with ABS balls (unlike MX-P 50). Great for looping against underspin (unlike MX-P 50). Ball stays on the paddle longer than most, if not all rubbers in its class. Medium / high throw in powerloops (unlike R50 which has medium / low throw).

Only thing (for my game I find the 48 better for is (deceptive) serves using a head-high toss (48 is the best rubber I have used for this attribute). With the 50, serving spinny requires a higher toss & better technique.

I like it more than Tenergy 05 Hard.

Hope this helps.

It does help, thank you very much. Have you tried Gewo Nexxus XT Pro 48 (or maybe the name is just XT48). How would it compare. I really didn't like it, very linear, couldn't loop well with it at all.

No, I have. Not tried the XT series but have not heard good things about it.

Would you say that 50 is a looping rubber, similar to 48?

Also, as far as the serve goes, I think the high toss works better with 50 because the sponge is more engaged on a high toss.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
EL is your R while XT is your V in terms of Gewo/Andro

Yes. R(otation) and EL(asticity) for spin oriented game, V(elocity) and XT(?) for a more direct, speed oriented game, with lower arc.
For many, an R/V combination might make sense if the forehand is the spin weapon and the backhand mostly used for blocking and countering.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes. R(otation) and EL(asticity) for spin oriented game, V(elocity) and XT(?) for a more direct, speed oriented game, with lower arc.
For many, an R/V combination might make sense if the forehand is the spin weapon and the backhand mostly used for blocking and countering.

FlexTech = XT
Elastic Rubber = EL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Would you say that 50 is a looping rubber, similar to 48?

Also, as far as the serve goes, I think the high toss works better with 50 because the sponge is more engaged on a high toss.

50 is a power-looping rubber - sort of like H3N. 48 is looping rubber so long as you don't hit too hard.

I do high toss with both 50 and 48.