GEWO Nexxus EL Pro 50 or 53

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Can you please explain about 48 what do you mean by open rubber as long as you don't hit too hard.

What I mean by it being a looping rubber so long as you don't hit too hard is this:

When you hit too hard, the throw drops so you get a bit less of an arc. Still not too low - more like medium. On soft to medium-hard loops, it is medium-high to high throw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
What I mean by it being a looping rubber so long as you don't hit too hard is this:

When you hit too hard, the throw drops so you get a bit less of an arc. Still not too low - more like medium. On soft to medium-hard loops, it is medium-high to high throw
Oh, I am not the one who has this issue. I experience this whenever I am in loop to loop rallies with soft rubbers, after 2-3 loop ball ends up at net. Very irritating.

Sent from Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hey Slevin,

Have you tried Gewo Nexxus El pro 53? Would you think it will be even better or too hard?
I have EL Pro 50 2.1 on FH & EL Pro 48 2.1 on BH of a Mizutani ZLC. I have used 3 other max sheets of the 48 before.

EL Pro 50 is the best FH ESN rubber I have used till date. It is different from EL Pro48 - different topsheet. Also, it is more powerful, has more spin & most importantly: it's throw is fairly stable as you increase power (unlike the EL Pro 48). Very grippy. Bites well even with ABS balls (unlike MX-P 50). Great for looping against underspin (unlike MX-P 50). Ball stays on the paddle longer than most, if not all rubbers in its class. Medium / high throw in powerloops (unlike R50 which has medium / low throw).

Only thing (for my game I find the 48 better for is (deceptive) serves using a head-high toss (48 is the best rubber I have used for this attribute). With the 50, serving spinny requires a higher toss & better technique.

I like it more than Tenergy 05 Hard.

Hope this helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Both nexus 50 and 53 are bouncy. They don't feel hard. They are just firmer and they don't bottom out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I didnt play with any other 50 degree euro rubber. But gewo 50 and 53 felt firmer yet still bouncier and more elastic than regular mxp.

Mxp topsheet and gewo topsheet are really different. Mxp feels a lot direct and flat.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
What do you mean by saying that mxp topsheet is a lot direct and flat?
I didnt play with any other 50 degree euro rubber. But gewo 50 and 53 felt firmer yet still bouncier and more elastic than regular mxp.

Mxp topsheet and gewo topsheet are really different. Mxp feels a lot direct and flat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Mxp's throw angle is low. It feels harder.
It's not that bouncy.

Gewo 50 and 53 topsheet felt softer, throw angle is higher. It's easier to spin sliced balls. But gewo 50 and 53 sponges are firmer.

Overall gewo 50 and 53 doesn't feels like really hard. The are just firm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hello ,
I hope im not too late. there is my advice.

I have Xiom Omega 7 Tour Rubber on FH , im loving it. It is easy to smash 3rd balls come topspin on the table. I mean , it has very low throw angle, very hard rubber. Beside that, it is not bouncy. you can serve short. if you receive , you can send the ball short near file . This rubber is different than others. somehow, it works like this, when touch soft, ball goes short, when you hit, it is lightning :) . And i had a little research on gewo rubbers; As much as i understood , EL type rubbers are Elastic , its like Tenergy Tensor rubbers. Not like Omega 7 tour above :) but XT is not bouncy. i think if you insist to use Gewo, you should prefer XT series rubber.

Best Regards

EJ Ibrahim

Hello again,
I am still looking for the "perfect" FH rubber. Tried Yinhe Big Dipper, loved it, but its a bit too slow. Now I put Nexxus EL Pro 48 2.1 in hopes that it will be less bouncy, and it is slightly, but very unpredictable.

I am seriously leaning towards getting DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial (Blue sponge) as I loved Big Dipper. My other thought is to try Yinhe Apollo 5 before I go Hurricane route. My only concern is that I am not getting any younger, and Chinese rubbers require full stroke. I can still do it, my movement and stroke are fine, but don't want to change in a few years.

Again, suggestions are welcome.

This user has no status.
Hello again,
I am still looking for the "perfect" FH rubber. Tried Yinhe Big Dipper, loved it, but its a bit too slow. Now I put Nexxus EL Pro 48 2.1 in hopes that it will be less bouncy, and it is slightly, but very unpredictable.

I am seriously leaning towards getting DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial (Blue sponge) as I loved Big Dipper. My other thought is to try Yinhe Apollo 5 before I go Hurricane route. My only concern is that I am not getting any younger, and Chinese rubbers require full stroke. I can still do it, my movement and stroke are fine, but don't want to change in a few years.

Again, suggestions are welcome.

If you're in the US try Gambler Burst Thor's Hammer. Less bouncy and more spinny than Big Dipper, faster than H3N, but no factory boost so performance doesn't really change over time. Mildly tacky and the tack doesn't fade. I use it unboosted and love it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Haven’t used R50.But can compare to mxp50.Feels softer than mxp50,higher arc and more spin.
How different is it from R50? I have a sheet of R50, but it is supposed to be very hard and heavy, good spin, hard in short game. How is R53?