Best "Cheap" rubber for forehand???

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Many new players do not know what is good for them... heck, many experienced players are in that boat.

Look at how many threads goo gaw and drool over every property spec of this blade or rubber... al the while it does not make it easier to control or perform the kind of shots that contribute to a point.

Time and time again you see players demand this or that equipment that is many levels unsuitable for them.

This week, I was sitting down drinking in the club (hey, it was water) and a new player to the club had a few hits with a 2200+ guy who has been playing that level for decades... the new guy MIGHT be usatt 400 with a tail wind...

New guy stated he was aggressive player and looking for equipment to buy... said he needed carbon blade and real fast rubber, right?

I immediately smacked my head like a V8 veggie juice commercial from the 80s... omg, we got another live one...

I wanted to pull out the bullhorn and say "Wet cleanup needed on Table Two !!"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Can you compare that rubber's playing characteristics to Mark V and to Tenergy 05 to give the readers a feel for the differences ?
Der_Echte does not need to provide an in-depth analysis comparison for an $8 usd control class rubber, nor has any inclination to do so.

If anyone wants such equipment spec breakdown tantamount to providing the level of detail description of a MAGNIFIED gnat's azz for this 8 usd rubber, such a person can post a request on MyTT or go to the restroom to self-administer an edema several times until the underlying condition is cleared out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not so long ago as to have lost the memory of hunger in the meantime, I would have been glad to have the equivalent of $8 to get me food for a week.

It's easy to consider such an amount small, trite even, if you've got the money to burn. If you don't, $8 can make a life and death difference... and to those scraping by, spending such a huge sum on something outrageously beyond the realm of basic subsistence would be a nearly inconceivable extravagance.

An anecdote springs to mind. It may be apocryphical, and it's Paul McCartney's statement on "Can't buy me love". The statement in question being a shame-tainted remark: "Well, I wrote that when I didn't have any money." To me, that neatly illustrates a significant shift in perspective. In no way subtle. Yet how easily we forget...

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte and lasta
This user has no status.
My 2 cents; snipe every TT store you know for Falco Long Booster to go on sale and buy a couple of Friendship 729 Battle II's in black and 45 degree hardness. Boost it with 3 layers and play with it for three months. Reboost with 1 or 2 layers and get another 2 months out of it. The amount of control you'll have as well as the power you'll have access to will amaze you, your wallet will thank you.