Rubber like Xiom Vega Europe w/ slightly higher throw & not slower? + Blade effect?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Rubber like Xiom Vega Europe w/ slightly higher throw & not slower? + Blade effect?

Hi all,

As per the title, I'm looking for something like Xiom Vega Europe as I like softer rubbers. However, I was considering something with a slightly higher throw angle (not too much), same speed (or slightly faster), and very similar medium/soft feeling. I tried Rakza 7 Soft, which was nearly it, but a bit slower than I wanted - was otherwise close. I ruled out Rasant Beat cause it's going the way of the dodo.

Somewhat considering:
* Tibhar FX-P (unsure about speed compared to XVE though, & not sold on it)
* TSP Ventus Spin (but would prefer something newer)
* Nittaku Fastarc S-1 is 45 degree, which appears to be a bit harder than preferable, unless it's different irl.

Was thinking about Rasanter R37, Rasanter R42 and Rasanter V42. The current plan is to put a V42 on one side, then either R37, R42, V42, XVE on the other side, although I'm worried the R37 might be a bit TOO soft and slower than XVE, and the R42 might be a bit TOO higher throw and bouncy compared to XVE.

Has anyone out there used R37, R42, V42, XVE with the same blade, or could comment somewhat objectively on hardness/speed/throw angles between them?

Lastly, I've been using the Stratus Power Wood, but going to try the Nittaku Acoustic for greater feel and wanting a slightly slower blade. Could this become a bit too 'dwelly', or change the throw angle noticeably enough to not even worry about looking for a higher throw rubber? I've come full circle now *sigh*.

Apologies for the length, any comments are much appreciated!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Vega Asia DF
Yeah, forgot about that one. Have you used the Asia DF and Europe? If so, your thoughts on their comparative throw, softness and speed? Good idea though btw. It's nice to get some real world feedback before going ahead. Thanks : )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes I have used the Asia DF on my RPB backhand. The Vega Europe a long time time which honestly I didn't like. I replaced the Europe with the Rakza 7 Soft, then the Asia DF, before settling on the original Vega Asia (which I think is a superior and much faster rubber).

Everything you need to know here:

https://www.tt-spin.de/xiom-vega-belagtest/

Although I don't quite agree with their conclusions. My opinion is the Asia DF has higher throw, slightly harder (still very soft), and faster than the Europe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Yes I have used the Asia DF on my RPB backhand. The Vega Europe a long time time which honestly I didn't like. I replaced the Europe with the Rakza 7 Soft, then the Asia DF, before settling on the original Vega Asia (which I think is a superior and much faster rubber).

Everything you need to know here:
(website in previous post)

Although I don't quite agree with their conclusions. My opinion is the Asia DF has higher throw, slightly harder (still very soft), and faster than the Europe.

Gotcha. Appreciate the input. Not sure I agree with some of their spiel either, but regardless, I like the extra info. I'll either go Vega Europe + Asia DF, which is a sound idea, or try the V42 + R37/R42/XVE/XVA-DF. Then make changes down the track. Will decide by Friday. Thanks again for your input.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Vega asia df as what other said but let me add omega v euro
Nice to have consensus on the Asia DF. Will make my order Friday. One final question, any idea if the V42 throw would be more like Vega Europe, or higher like Rakza 7 Soft? Appreciate all the help guys!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
V42 seem to have an almost similar throw too

Thank you.

So gear arrived. I still haven't glued the Vega DF onto anything, but I can safely say the V42 has a throw angle no higher than XVE IMO, and possibly with similar control, but with greater speed - as one would expect. If the thread is still open and I do try the Asia DF, then I'll update again on that. Just in case someone else stumbles upon this thread looking for the answer/s I was searching for.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thank you.

So gear arrived. I still haven't glued the Vega DF onto anything, but I can safely say the V42 has a throw angle no higher than XVE IMO, and possibly with similar control, but with greater speed - as one would expect. If the thread is still open and I do try the Asia DF, then I'll update again on that. Just in case someone else stumbles upon this thread looking for the answer/s I was searching for.

So what happened, did you try the Asia DF? 🙂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015

So what happened, did you try the Asia DF? 🙂

I didn't end up trying the Asia DF and haven't played much since my op. Based mainly on RevSpin and what I've heard from people about the DF series, I'd be somewhat apprehensive about going with them. The DF series sounds like a watered down version of the original series, even though they should be better for the new ball.

Fwiw, I ended up settling with Hexer Grip SFX and Tibhar Evolution FXP on an Xiom Offensive S. As it's been a while since I've played it, I'd struggle to provide much insight on the combo until playing again, hopefully soon.