Back to Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 25 189
    T
    TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 25
    #21
    Well, doesn't seem like w968 exists in Iran and due to the sanctions, I'm not sure if there's anywhere that could ship directly to Iran
    But I'm pretty sure hurricane 301 and dynasty carbon Xu Xin are great
    And based on what I see in a website in Iran, dynasty has more speed but less control. So, I guess hurricane is my choice in the end
    huge shout-out to all of you for the help

  2. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,845
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,845 2,739
    #22
    Dynasty blade does not lack control compared to viscaria. It just has a lower arc.

    The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

    TheKhan123


  3. laistrogian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 387 642
    L
    laistrogian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 642 387

    User Info Menu

    #23
    Innerforce ALC, since you have the money for it.

    There's HL5 but honestly the handle shape is not for everyone and butterfly simply has better build

  4. darucla is offline
    says I actually do drink...wine.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 193 254
    darucla's Avatar
    darucla is offline
    says I actually do drink...wine.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 254 193

    User Info Menu

    #24
    I use a H301/H3 for proper match play, unless I am very tired (happens towards the end of matches as I am 68), when I switch to a Viscaria/Tenergy, and lately to a Dynasty carbon/Tenergy. Certainly the Dynasty has huge potential, and I am spending some time in Summer League trying to work it out. But obviously great spin and loop in the right hands. All three are good blades.

  5. TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 25 189
    T
    TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 25
    #25
    And all of a sudden, I found two blades to compare mostly for the feeling as the speeds are similar
    And the blades are dynasty carbon xx and feel zx2
    Any idea about the feeling and duel?

  6. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,903 10,646
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,646 10,903

    User Info Menu

    #26
    Man, we get 5 threads like this a week over analyzing a gazillion criteria. There are many great amateur players and coaches in Iran, one of locally can educate the OP better in person than the OP can get from an internet forum.

    Now if the type likes to agonize publicly all long and drawn out for weeks on end, then forums are the right place.

    Get option A, or b, or C, or D, or E, or F.

    Too confusing? Can't make up mind? Want some of all of them?

    The buy them all like Pokémon. Become an EJ and never find what you are looking for.

    Very likely you gunna get something unsuitable, so why worry about it so much? Just buy something ridiculously expensive and brag about it to whoever you play with and make then burn with envy.

    If you really don't know jack about equipment, take a trip to a TT club and offer free chicken and drink to whoever knows, it is less expensive than paying cash and you would get 10x better help.

    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    Beep-Beep and NextLevel

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  7. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,358 9,052
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,052 13,358

    User Info Menu

    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    Man, we get 5 threads like this a week over analyzing a gazillion criteria. There are many great amateur players and coaches in Iran, one of locally can educate the OP better in person than the OP can get from an internet forum.

    Now if the type likes to agonize publicly all long and drawn out for weeks on end, then forums are the right place.

    Get option A, or b, or C, or D, or E, or F.

    Too confusing? Can't make up mind? Want some of all of them?

    The buy them all like Pokémon. Become an EJ and never find what you are looking for.

    Very likely you gunna get something unsuitable, so why worry about it so much? Just buy something ridiculously expensive and brag about it to whoever you play with and make then burn with envy.

    If you really don't know jack about equipment, take a trip to a TT club and offer free chicken and drink to whoever knows, it is less expensive than paying cash and you would get 10x better help.
    Exactly. I guess it takes getting to a certain level of comfort with equipment to understand what you are saying reflexively.

    I would say drive to a TT club, and use the blades there and offer to buy the blade of someone that you liked. That is even better than buying something off the internet if your goal is to get something you enjoy playing with based on your actual game.

    If no one will do this, then at least, you can use the blade frequency chart to get an idea of quality control on a Butterfly (or other) blade. Buy one in the range of what you like, and just use it.

    In the end, your practice and playing is what makes a blade good as long as it is in a reasonable range. It is far less about the objective characteristics of the blade (again, once it is in a reasonable range).

    If you have deep questions, just PM yogi, he has used everything on the planet Earth.

    The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

    Der_Echte

    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  8. TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 25 189
    T
    TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 25
    #28
    I actually used to think of Ovtcharov No.1 senso
    But then. I realized that it has less speed that my own OTC(as the manufacturer ratings tell)
    Has anyone tried it out(or even the non-senso version)? Is it really slower???​

  9. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,358 9,052
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,052 13,358

    User Info Menu

    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKhan123
    I actually used to think of Ovtcharov No.1 senso
    But then. I realized that it has less speed that my own OTC(as the manufacturer ratings tell)
    Has anyone tried it out(or even the non-senso version)? Is it really slower???​
    What does slower really mean? And why do you think you need a fast blade?
    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  10. RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,140 1,662
    R
    RidTheKid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,662 1,140
    #30
    Ovtcharov no 1 senso is made by DHS, it's basically a rebranded Hurricane Long V. Same material and composition. I'm sure it's fast enough for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKhan123
    I actually used to think of Ovtcharov No.1 senso
    But then. I realized that it has less speed that my own OTC(as the manufacturer ratings tell)
    Has anyone tried it out(or even the non-senso version)? Is it really slower???​

  11. Amaken23 is offline
    says Left handed backhand machine !!
     
    TTD Member 18 40
    A
    Amaken23 is offline
    says Left handed backhand machine !!
     
    TTD Member 40 18
    #31
    I'd go with Stiga Azalea Offensive. Great OFF- blade, quite flexible with great feel. It is all-wood blade, but it quite fast.

    The Following User Likes Amaken23's Post:

    splasher78


  12. TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 25 189
    T
    TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 25
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    Man, we get 5 threads like this a week over analyzing a gazillion criteria. There are many great amateur players and coaches in Iran, one of locally can educate the OP better in person than the OP can get from an internet forum.

    Now if the type likes to agonize publicly all long and drawn out for weeks on end, then forums are the right place.

    Get option A, or b, or C, or D, or E, or F.

    Too confusing? Can't make up mind? Want some of all of them?

    The buy them all like Pokémon. Become an EJ and never find what you are looking for.

    Very likely you gunna get something unsuitable, so why worry about it so much? Just buy something ridiculously expensive and brag about it to whoever you play with and make then burn with envy.

    If you really don't know jack about equipment, take a trip to a TT club and offer free chicken and drink to whoever knows, it is less expensive than paying cash and you would get 10x better help.
    I understand what you're saying
    As a matter of fact, Iranians don't seem to know anything about table tennis equipments. They only offer Boll ALC with T05 on both sides which is not good for me.
    If I made this thread to ask all of this, it's because there's a specific date that we made up with my family members so my father affords a racket for me as a sort of reward for making it to university (and I'm no kid BTW I'm 18 :| )
    Trust me, I won't become an EJ like you mentioned, just using my time at it's best instead of wasting it

  13. TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 25 189
    T
    TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 25
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    What does slower really mean? And why do you think you need a fast blade?
    Just making sure I don't lack speed

  14. lasta is offline
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 490 910
    lasta's Avatar
    lasta is offline
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 910 490

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Canada
    910
    490
    2282
    Read 0 Reviews
    #34
    Why is Boll ALC with 2X T05 not good for you?

    Frankly, I don't think you know enough about yourself to know exactly what you want. Get the Boll+Tenergy and at leas you will have a tried and true, proven setup good enough for the world's top 10. Even if it is not "technically perfect" you will have the ease of mind knowing you have good shit. And I believe ease of mind is exactly what you need.

    Everything you posted over the past few days are symptoms of EJ. I am an EJ, I know one when I see one. Every 8/10 blades I purchase turns into crap, 1 is OK, and 1 is great, but nothing is "perfect". Nothing people describe will match feeling it yourself. You will start thinking about the next piece of gear the day after you get your first piece.

    Short answer is:
    1. Nothing recommended here will be perfect, not even close.
    2. You will become an EJ.

    Enjoy the journey.

    PS: Some of my equipment are designed 40 years ago, my tools never lack speed, sometimes I'm too slow.

    The Following 2 Users Like lasta's Post:

    splasher78 and TheKhan123

    Last edited by lasta; 06-25-2019 at 05:58 AM.

  15. TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 25 189
    T
    TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 25
    #35
    Lasta, I truly value your post and respect your thought behind it. But there's 2 things I should mention:
    1: the only reason I'm here is seeing the ideas of others, I was going to buy that Ovtcharov blade, but I just thought of buying something from other brands, and hell I can't stop being loyal to Donic xD
    2: I'm not sitting on a gold mine to feel unsatisfied with what I bought and then become an EJ like you are certain about. As a matter of fact, I just graduated from high school and I don't think I can buy tons of equipments like others. As a matter of fact, my only hope is being that good that a company finally values me and opts to sign a contract of sponsorship with me in the future. That's why if you read my comments, you see I'm trying to buy the equipments of the same company for all of my setup. Where do you think Iran is? The land of dreams? No! You don't get 2 shots for something like this in Iran because no one even finds it as an opportunity of succeeding and they mess with you if you talk about it. Even my father does xD.
    With that being said, I'ma have to do my best to make a way.
    3: about trying the racket of club mates, I have to tell that the city where I live in has no club for tt in it :| so, it's been around 2 years that I wasn't able to play seriously. I have to travel something like 20+ kilometers to make it to that club. And because of school, I couldn't make it.
    I feel like I had to tell you guys all of it because I don't have a friend in real life that I can tell my problems to, without getting japed like hell.
    Thx for your concerns

  16. lasta is offline
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 490 910
    lasta's Avatar
    lasta is offline
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 910 490

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Canada
    910
    490
    2282
    Read 0 Reviews
    #36
    Ok, you are persistent! I give you that.

    And good to have ambition on becoming a sponsored player. My absolutely best wishes for your effort.

    But for equipment, honestly, doesn't matter.

    I'm not too familiar with Donic, only blade I had from them is the Persson Powerplay maybe 10 years ago...

    But the OTC is a very similar construction as the Viscaria/Boll, frequency results from other people put it as the same ballpark and maybe slightly stiffer. Nevertheless, should play similar enough to the Viscarias as not warranting you the need to change.

    Xiom also seems to be sponsoring a lot of players. From them, the "Viscaria-type" is Xiom Stradivarius. Get that and 2 sheets of Vega Pro and there will be nothing you can do with Boll+T05 you can't do to at the same quality.

    Let us know your other target companies and I'm sure there will be a 90% fit for Boll+T05 from them too.

    Spend more time playing. Work on your technique before chasing gear. 20KM is not far, bike if you don't have a car. But a good attitude and dedication will take you far closer to sponsorship than optimizing gear.

    When you have a good enough grasp on your game, you WILL intrinsically know EXACTLY what you want to change equipment wise. When you get there, optimize to your hearts content. But until then, just get something middle of the road and focus on the rest of the game.

    BTW, when you can speak like this, come back and talk gear:

    My perfect blade is a 7-ply mono-material Cpen blade made of either all basswood or all ayous, weight between 105g-110g, 7.3-7.45mm thick, with stiffness (as indicated by frequency range) of between 1460-1490, ideally minimal glue in between wood plies, shape: 150mm wide by 155mm long (shorter than average), with a slightly more pronounced neck flare, wider (fatter) handle than average and with the end of the handle protruding 2mm further down the blade surface than average. So far, I have 3 blades within a 10% deviation to ideal parameters. Trying to optimize the last details, ordered 3 more, all of which fell outside 10% limits).

    The Following 2 Users Like lasta's Post:

    splasher78 and TheKhan123


  17. yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,739 5,845
    yogi_bear's Avatar
    yogi_bear is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 5,845 2,739
    #37
    Stradivarius is a good alternative to tb alc but feels softer due to a different composite material being used.

  18. lasta is offline
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 490 910
    lasta's Avatar
    lasta is offline
    says This user has status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 910 490

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Canada
    910
    490
    2282
    Read 0 Reviews
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear
    Stradivarius is a good alternative to tb alc but feels softer due to a different composite material being used.
    Haha, yes, hence the last 10% .

    But for Mr. Khan, no need to worry about the minutiae yet.

  19. TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 25 189
    T
    TheKhan123 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 189 25
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by lasta
    Haha, yes, hence the last 10% .

    But for Mr. Khan, no need to worry about the minutiae yet.
    The name is Mohammad

  20. langel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,005 2,093
    L
    langel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,093 1,005
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKhan123
    Lasta, I truly value your post and respect your thought behind it. But there's 2 things I should mention:
    1: the only reason I'm here is seeing the ideas of others, I was going to buy that Ovtcharov blade, but I just thought of buying something from other brands, and hell I can't stop being loyal to Donic xD
    2: I'm not sitting on a gold mine to feel unsatisfied with what I bought and then become an EJ like you are certain about. As a matter of fact, I just graduated from high school and I don't think I can buy tons of equipments like others. As a matter of fact, my only hope is being that good that a company finally values me and opts to sign a contract of sponsorship with me in the future. That's why if you read my comments, you see I'm trying to buy the equipments of the same company for all of my setup. Where do you think Iran is? The land of dreams? No! You don't get 2 shots for something like this in Iran because no one even finds it as an opportunity of succeeding and they mess with you if you talk about it. Even my father does xD.
    With that being said, I'ma have to do my best to make a way.
    3: about trying the racket of club mates, I have to tell that the city where I live in has no club for tt in it :| so, it's been around 2 years that I wasn't able to play seriously. I have to travel something like 20+ kilometers to make it to that club. And because of school, I couldn't make it.
    I feel like I had to tell you guys all of it because I don't have a friend in real life that I can tell my problems to, without getting japed like hell.
    Thx for your concerns
    In that case I would highly recommend you to buy Xiom Feel S7, or Xiom Solo, or Xiom Off Classic S, paired with Xiom Vega Asia DF or Vega Pro, or any other setup of that class, find a club, find a coach, train seriously and see how far and how fast you can develop.
    Frankly said, I don't think that at that point you are ready to utilize ZX2 or IceCream and Xiom Omega 7 Tour or Asia or anything of that class. I even think that such an equipment would hinder your development.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.