says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The 2nd edition of the European games is to be held in Belarus from the 21st to the 30th June 2019. The last games were held in Baku in 2015 and this year the games return for another installment! Dimitrij Ovtcharov took the men’s singles title in 2015 beating the experienced Vladimir Samsonov in an epic encounter. The German powerhouse will be back this year as number 3 seed, looking to defend his title! Bernadette Szocs leads the women's singles seedings.

timobernieeurogames2019.jpg

Timo and Bernadette (photo via ITTF Flickr)

MENS SINGLES SEEDS

01) Timo Boll
02) Mattias Falck
03) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
04) Liam Pitchford
05) Vladimir Samsonov
06) Simon Gauzy
07) Kristian Karlsson
08) Daniel Habesohn
09) Emmanuel Lebesson
10) Jonathan Groth
11) Marcos Freitas
12) Tomislac Pucar
13) Tiago Apolonia
14) Cedric Nuytinck
15) Darko Jorgic
16) Alvaro Roblez Martinez

WOMENS SINGLES SEEDS

01) Bernadette Szocs
02) Sofia Polcanova
03) Matilda Ekholm
04) Petrissa Solja
05) Elizabeta Samara
06) Georgina Pota
07) Li Jie
08) Fu Yu
09) Britt Eerland
10) Margaryta Pesotska
11) Barbora Balazova
12) Polina Mikhailova
13) Han Ying
14) Li Qian
15) Ni Xia Lian
16) Hana Matelova

Who do you think is going to win the games this year?

Reactions: bobpuls
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Here's silly lil'ol'me, secretly hoping for one last majestic Boll-Samsonov final at the pointy end of the gender spectrum. And even more secretly rooting for Uncle Vova.

At the other end of that spectrum, I took good note Ni Xia Lian there. Good grief! She's still there, and Amelie Solja is not. Frothing nationalism would have me rooting for our nation's finest Lie Jie and Britt Eerland, but I'm not built that way. On an off-day anything can happen, but barring that, who in that field can touch the fierce Bernadette Szocs?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Here's silly lil'ol'me, secretly hoping for one last majestic Boll-Samsonov final at the pointy end of the gender spectrum. And even more secretly rooting for Uncle Vova.

At the other end of that spectrum, I took good note Ni Xia Lian there. Good grief! She's still there, and Amelie Solja is not. Frothing nationalism would have me rooting for our nation's finest Lie Jie and Britt Eerland, but I'm not built that way. On an off-day anything can happen, but barring that, who in that field can touch the fierce Bernadette Szocs?

Amelie Solja may be there, she just wouldn't be seeded. And if she isn't at all, then Austria has more than 2 players better than her (Polcanova is definitely #1 but not sure whether #2 would be Liu Jia or Hamamoto). Polcanova and Petrissa can beat Szocs, I have no doubt in my mind about that.

Reactions: yoass
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Pucar and Polcanova, provided everything goes well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Amelie Solja may be there, she just wouldn't be seeded. And if she isn't at all, then Austria has more than 2 players better than her (Polcanova is definitely #1 but not sure whether #2 would be Liu Jia or Hamamoto). Polcanova and Petrissa can beat Szocs, I have no doubt in my mind about that.

Women Singles June 22

Amelie Solja 4-0 Charlotte Carey Great Britain

I thought Carey had a chance at an upset.