This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Funny to see a German player win and hear the player speak Chinese with the German coach.
This whole women's semi final bracket is kinda hilarious

I wonder - do the other European players use their respective countries language? I.e. Portuguese for Yu Fu etc

There you have answer for yoass..
Are they european or CHINESE??
They still SPEAK CHINESE!!!
After all those years here, they ARE STILL CHINESE!
And - to me - that is not funny at all..
Chinese found a way how to take medals at european competitions too..

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Nationality only exists if you let it. To me, there’s no such thing.

I speak seven languages, give or take, in varying levels of fluidity. My place of birth is not where I live, and I don’t speak the language of my place of birth. My parents descended from dutch and german commoners, and some lower aristocracy tracing back to the French huguenot exile. A few steps before that Attilla and Dzjengis (and I don’t speak Old Hun or Mongol either), and a few steps before that Mother Mary from the savannah.

And all that is irrelevant. I greet Li Jie in English or Dutch when meeting her (the odd ni hao aside), and she’ll respond in either. And that’s irrelevant too.

The nation, nationality: I just don’t care.

Reactions: Atas Newton
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The German-speaking Chinese German Jie Schöpp has said in another interview that she speaks German to team members.

Reactions: Atas Newton
Jan 2018
55 years young!

mGBnaSSh.png

Jf3BJNsh.png

yltmCkgh.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Nationality only exists if you let it. To me, there’s no such thing.

I speak seven languages, give or take, in varying levels of fluidity. My place of birth is not where I live, and I don’t speak the language of my place of birth. My parents descended from dutch and german commoners, and some lower aristocracy tracing back to the French huguenot exile. A few steps before that Attilla and Dzjengis (and I don’t speak Old Hun or Mongol either), and a few steps before that Mother Mary from the savannah.

And all that is irrelevant. I greet Li Jie in English or Dutch when meeting her (the odd ni hao aside), and she’ll respond in either. And that’s irrelevant too.

The nation, nationality: I just don’t care.

This is off topic, so my last comment.
I know there are people without national feeling. I find that pretty sad.
But I understand that kind of thinking, its something needed here, for the african imigrants to take over, to make Europe a muslim land.
To only have stupid kind of people with no national feeling, because without national feeling you are easier to control, to manipulate.
I am proud to be a Slovakian, despite of all the bad stuff our country does, that our president is a fraud and other stuff..
Still proud to be a Slovakian, I think that will never change.
aaand howgh :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This is off topic, so my last comment.
I know there are people without national feeling. I find that pretty sad.
But I understand that kind of thinking, its something needed here, for the african imigrants to take over, to make Europe a muslim land.
To only have stupid kind of people with no national feeling, because without national feeling you are easier to control, to manipulate.
I am proud to be a Slovakian, despite of all the bad stuff our country does, that our president is a fraud and other stuff..
Still proud to be a Slovakian, I think that will never change.
aaand howgh :D

National pride is like family pride or team pride, it has its good side and its bad side. Unfortunately those who see evil in it make it all about the bad side. It makes you wonder if they have children or want to raise children.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Quite the opposite!

You’re just saying that because the great Muslim-African Hordes control your mind. That must be it.

That must be it. It’s not like you can whip the masses into a frenzy and lead them onto the path of hate and war using easily exploitable stereotype enemies to fuel an us against them rage, right? That would be inconceivable.

Love your country? Now go and kill. Nah. Never happened.

Reactions: Nemo
Jan 2018
NI is happy like it was her first win !!! a medal at 55 years old is nothing short than amazing !!! very inspiring !!!!

How long ago was her last medal ???

She's the European Women's Singles Champion in 1998 and 2002.

She's also the Mixed Doubles Champion with Guo Yuehua in 1983, representing China. Many players in this European Games were not even born.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Poor European women...