Reverse engineering chinese dominance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
China just has a superior training system. It comes at a cost to the players who don't make it but it will produce the best players in the world. The players start young, can play 6-8 hours a day, have great coaching and an abundance of practice partners. No other country can come close when compared to China in those areas. Where I grew up, literally no one within 1 hours driving distance played and if I were willing to travel, I could maybe play a grand total of 4 hours a week. I would have to drive 2 hours one way for mediocre coaching. Even if I wanted to become a serious player as a kid, there was absolutely no way it could have happened as playing time and opportunities would have been so limited. If you look at a lot of the better players outside of China, they have relatives who play so that helps with being able to put in the required practice time as a kid to become good. They also tend to be rich so they can hire lots of coaches to help out with the players development. Many people who turned into good players had live-in coaches.

Fun fact that Oláh Benedek (finnish national champion) when he was a kid every monday travelled 280km and every wednesday 344 km to find suitable training partners and coaches. Respect to his parents.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Fun fact that Oláh Benedek (finnish national champion) when he was a kid every monday travelled 280km and every wednesday 344 km to find suitable training partners and coaches. Respect to his parents.

That is amazing dedication. I played for my city's soccer team and got invited to tryout for a national level traveling team that played international matches when I was around 10. When my parents found out they would have to drive me to practice everyday about 100km each way, their answer was "are you kidding me? Heck no! You cannot tryout." I cannot imagine their response if I asked them to take me to practice that far away for table tennis. I probably would have been grounded for life.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
yup, for me Timo Boll ZLC for myself is Benedek Olah ZLC,
I don't care that I see Timo Boll sign because he propably doesnt know about ZLC existence

advertisement! if you want more powerful bh than Fan Zhendong etc buy Timo Boll ZLC aka Benedek Olah ZLC